Permaplate Windshield Protection - Did I Just Get Taken For a Ride???

Guest dred

I just bought a new Toyota Highlander. The sales guy sold me on the permaplate windshield product.  $299.00   I figure it would be worth the replacement of a windshield or two.  Living in Colorado, our favorite pastime is taking rocks from gravel trucks.  ( I've replaced 3 windshields in the past 5 years )

I am naturally suspicious about add ons from the dealer. 

I've read a little about the product but what are the thoughts of all of you pros out there?

I am joe consumer....   Any help here would be much appreciated.

Sounds like snake oil.  Now if a few replacements are included in the price, it might be worth it.

PermaPlate Windshield Treatment contains a unique molecular coupling agent that chemically bonds to the glass surface, fusing at the molecular level. This creates a hydrophobic and protective coating by capping the natural glass pores and its surface ridges. This bond strengthens and improves the quality of automotive glass by creating a strong covalent bond that acts as a protective shield. 

PermaPlate Windshield Treatment was created to provide unprecedented protection to vehicle glass from chips and cracks. PermaPlate Windshield Treatment uses the latest in molecular nano-chemistry to make your windshield stronger with enhanced clarity for a safer, clearer glass.

It's like any add-on service dred ...... If you use it and get a benefit out of it then the purchase was a good purchase....    I would imagine living where you do the winters are a little more harsh than here and a lot more crud is kick up off of the road than here.. so it may be a good product for your area...  From reading the site it appears the real benefit is the free chip repair bundled with it....      :thumb

To be quite honest, the chip / windshield replacement option for 5 years was the big seller for me.  Like i said, I have replaced the windshield a few times in a 5 year period.  

Gotta love gravel trucks on the freeway.  My favorite are the trucks which have signs on the back saying "Not Responsible For Damage Caused by Rocks from this Vehicle"

Just because someone says it or writes it, doesn't make it true.

Let's hope I don't have to use it.

Alberts316  you are a funny guy.   I especially like the popcorn icon you posted on another string...    Magic.....    I never saw them apply it.    Their angle,  sell sell sell...  

My angle is i am banking on replacing the windshield at least once in the next five years.  Its gamble.    

Overall I am displeased with Arapaho Toyota.   

Everyone else,....  I appreciate the feedback.  I don't know much about much,  and any feedback I get is much appreciated...

Archived