1992 Olds Eighty-Eight

Mr. Micro Edge

So I had one and the fear struck as I saw it pull in on arrival. I've done the bonnevilles and rare le sabre before but you just don't see these that often.....all together 9 windows, a brake light that is smack up against the back glass, it's a giant turd!!! I never cut the 3rd brake lights out it looks cleaner doing without cutting.... So after the standard pop the bottom cussion out and taking out two 18mm nuts that retain the seatbelt couplers, the back cushion slides right up. Then pop out two plastic Christmas tree clips from the front of the rear deck lid. Then the deck lid slides forward exposing the 3rd brake light. Two 10mm bolts (one on each side) and the brake light assembly comes out. After that slap the tint on and reassemble. The quarters on each door suck $&@?......I got it done but all windows needed shrank to some degree. It's doable just not my cup of tea....funny thing is I don't remember the last one I did....I know I have. Definitely price accordingly.

I remember when I started back in the 90's. Seemed like almost every door needed some shrinking. Vehicles had larger more curved windows, and took much more time and care to tint right. First shop I worked at we would only do 3 to 4 jobs a day max. With 2 installers working on each car until it was done.

I used to do lots of them back in the day . You forgot to mention that tar plastic craap you have to rip off to expose the 2 bolts to the 3rd brakelight :lol

Archived