Rolling windows down after fresh tint

Guest lizdoesntdisco

Guest lizdoesntdisco

So on Saturday I got my windows tinted at a shop. The guy who did them never told me not to roll my windows down. Nothing at all. So naturally I did. After that I noticed small bubbles. Barely noticeable at all. I saw a post that said it was normal especially if it was cold to have small bubbles at first. Not sure if they were there before I rolled the windows down. It was sitting at the shop for at least 4 hours before I got around to pick it up. He was done at 1030 and didnt pick up til around 3. Is my window tint okay? This was my first time getting windows tinted so I didnt know not to roll the windows down for so many days

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should have told you but.... Prolly will be ok. You would see big bubbles pushed up into the film or the film could have came off from the bottom. In Oregon since we have rain LOTS we take a heat gun and dry all the edges before the customer gets the car back. If its cold there the Tinter might have heated um up to speed drying.

Cheers

Stan

Omg go no where near your car till the bubbles go away. There's a special chemical you treat the glass with and if tampered with(rolled down) it will release toxic smell in the air. It's like carbon monoxide you can't smell or taste it. Call immediately though and ask what chemical he used to treat it with. If it's B546 then you're ok but stay away from B956. Most have been ok but I wouldn't chance it. Studies found over a long term effect that B956 will give you cancer. Your choice man. Let us know what's up

Guest lizdoesntdisco

Omg go no where near your car till the bubbles go away. There's a special chemical you treat the glass with and if tampered with(rolled down) it will release toxic smell in the air. It's like carbon monoxide you can't smell or taste it. Call immediately though and ask what chemical he used to treat it with. If it's B546 then you're ok but stay away from B956. Most have been ok but I wouldn't chance it. Studies found over a long term effect that B956 will give you cancer. Your choice man. Let us know what's up

I can't just not drive my car. Lol. It's my only option to get to school and work.

Guest lizdoesntdisco

Should have told you but.... Prolly will be ok. You would see big bubbles pushed up into the film or the film could have came off from the bottom. In Oregon since we have rain LOTS we take a heat gun and dry all the edges before the customer gets the car back. If its cold there the Tinter might have heated um up to speed drying.

Cheers

Stan

You think the bubbles will go away? If they don't will it cause problems?

Cheers

Stan

Can you post a pic for us?

Guest lizdoesntdisco

Cheers

Stan

Can you post a pic for us?
Yes but it'll be in the morning. It's midnight here. I'm not even sure if you'll be able to see them in pictures but I'll see when the sun comes up.

If you can see them from 5-6 foot and there are several take it back and ask if they will redo them but they are only going to get better as the film drys. Pretty normal to have a few small pinhead size spots in the tint. Dust in the air is a likely culprit not rolling down the window. Remember nothing is perfect :twocents be polite if you ask about them, sometimes tinters take it personally if you knock the quality of their work. Only natural IMO again nothing is perfect and they will get better... I would wait a week or so before worrying bout um.

Cheers mang, enjoy your window tint.

Stan

Archived