Rolling windows down after fresh tint

Guest lizdoesntdisco

Guest lizdoesntdisco

If you can see them from 5-6 foot and there are several take it back and ask if they will redo them but they are only going to get better as the film drys. Pretty normal to have a few small pinhead size spots in the tint. Dust in the air is a likely culprit not rolling down the window. Remember nothing is perfect :twocents be polite if you ask about them, sometimes tinters take it personally if you knock the quality of their work. Only natural IMO again nothing is perfect and they will get better... I would wait a week or so before worrying bout um.

Cheers mang, enjoy your window tint.

Stan

I only noticed them when I looked out the window when I was turning. I can't see them even a foot away. I was a little worried since I rolled my windows down so soon but I'm gonna give it a little while to clear up before I ask him about it. Thanks so much for your info. You eased my mind about it. :)

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:yeah Despite some who leave more water underneath than others; choosing sun and time as their shop biotch, the one's that get as much water removed during the install can be rolled down by the time the car gets picked up. In fact, when I train a new person to tinting, I always show them it can be rolled down immediately after the install is complete; if installed below the gasket and sufficient application solution is removed. That said, it is always asked of the car owner to allow for a minimum 'do not roll down' in x amount of days time period.  

... I did the windows in my own F150. Pulled it outside, locked up the garage and drove about 2 miles down the road to the Dunkin Donuts drive through.... Yep, window went down 1/2 way before I remembered. Got lucky and it was fine.

Archived