10 years with Charcool

Seeing we are on this topic which is a great conversation piece, here is my take on the Madico Charcool 35 since it came out.

I can't remember when this was originally entered into the Aussie market but it was a very, very long time ago and hand on my heart " I have NEVER had one warranty comeback or any film related issue on this product."

That is a fantastic run and it might cost a bit more which is negligible, but not ever having to worry about returns is just brilliant.

Devil

having an honest conversation with my Llumar distributor , he feels Madico is also a great film for this . Since using ATR charcoal since they changed the film formula a bit ( I think it was about 13-14 yrs ago , not a single claim either. As I have to remind people even though we don't have Arizona or Aussie heat as many months , I do live in an area where our depleted ozone layer is worse which does a real number on film as I've seen film go bad fast here as well

I must have put the jinx on myself because today I had my first Charcool 35 ever warranty in.

A rear screen only of a current shape Camry all out of the same roll.

Just starting to bubble up with a few tiny air bubbles and showing adhesive distortion marks where it was heat moulded.

The actual job is 25 months  old (wtf yes) and the custy said it started going off about 6 months ago just before summer started downunder.

The sides are fine due to the less exposure angle to the sun and to be fair the car has had no garage protection at all from day 1 of the installation.

Conversely, another guy rings today with a WRX I filmed 16 years ago and now just needs to get it redone.

He is the 3rd owner so how do you work that out with the same film manny used?

Devil

I must have put the jinx on myself because today I had my first Charcool 35 ever warranty in.

A rear screen only of a current shape Camry all out of the same roll.

Just starting to bubble up with a few tiny air bubbles and showing adhesive distortion marks where it was heat moulded.

The actual job is 25 months  old (wtf yes) and the custy said it started going off about 6 months ago just before summer started downunder.

The sides are fine due to the less exposure angle to the sun and to be fair the car has had no garage protection at all from day 1 of the installation.

Conversely, another guy rings today with a WRX I filmed 16 years ago and now just needs to get it redone.

Devil

Bummer dude!

Do you think that Madi have changed something? The Charcool is known to be a pretty long lasting film..

Do you have any troubles claiming warranties from the Madi guys in Aus?

Cheers for the honest update.

A rear screen only of a current shape Camry all out of the same roll.

The actual job is 25 months old (wtf yes) and the custy said it started going off about 6 months ago just before summer started downunder.

Devil

1 still ain't bad and I don't think having the off one in a billion years down in this climate will destroy anybody's reputation. I do know film tends to not do so well on older camrys compared to others, may have something to do with the amount of shrinking? Maybe the glass?

Off the same roll has gotta say something, that being it can't be the film....

Either way, like I said, don't think your doing Maddy any harm by having ONE warranty with it

Guest Stellar1024

Used Charcoal (not even charcool) since day 1 and have seen very few warranties. I was more confident with charcoal's longevity than I was with Autolux, Granite, or Slate.

Archived