That wasn't there when I brought it in.

If I hear that one more time from a customer I, my head is going to explode.  Why is it the guy with a 12 year old car the first to cry "That Wasn't there when I brought it in".  Why is it he only notices an obscure scratch or blemish in his glass or paint after its been in our shop?  Does anyone do a pre inspection form or do a visual inspection with the customer before pulling the car in their shop?  I don't currently but I am in the process to start doing it.  So tired of customers eye banging their entire car when they come to pick up their car.  People just can't be trusted anymore and I am tired of being blamed for stuff we did not do.  It's getting so bad that we had a girl blame us for her horn not working 2 days after tinting it…a 2003 Mazda 6…WTF is wrong with people??

Edited by Cuttingedge

The only thing I do to my car is put gas in it.

I had my car tinted 2 years ago.

I had  a flat tire the other day and something clicking under the hood this week.

The only thing done to my car by someone else was the tint so it HAS to be your fault.

In all my years and thousands upon thousands of customers, I had one BMW owner (young male moron again) who quizzed me on milk type marks on his bonnet. (Hood USA)

I told him I tinted his windows and not his bonnet.

And the kicker was he claimed he knew every mark on his whole car and I bet even those that hadn't happened yet.

Yes this guy was a fruit loop.

Devil

Just had this on a 14 forester. It was obvious the passenger door was opened in to a pole or something. Nothing in the shop matched. Customer still thinks we did it. I would offer to fix if it was remotely possible. Sucks it had to be that way but I know we didn't do it.

post-14887-139574087872.jpg

A little time consuming but it works. Go around the vehicle with the customer and check off any visual damage, then take a picture of the front, back and both sides of the car before working on it. After the install take the same pictures again so if there are any problems you can view the before and after pictures to prove if the damage was really there or not. You can always download the pictures to your computer and zoom in on them for a better look.