That wasn't there when I brought it in.

A customer raises concern about their car being driven around while you have it; you suggest that they take note of the odometer on arrival to give them some peace of mind.

One look at the Ferrari and no one dares ever mention anything like that...anything else is a shitter and why would I want to drive theirs to get my rocks off?

But years ago I can recall a guy setting his trip meter to 0.....the car....a new for the time Ford XD 1980 Cartier.

About the only thing of distinction was the name used by Ford under licence. :facepalm2

Devil

I don't think that matters Devil. I find that the guy who brings in a new Audi R8 or 911 Turbo will usually just throw you the keys and say "call me when it's ready". The jokers are usually the ones who've just bought their first ever brand new car (Hyundai i30 owners, you know who you are....) and want to insist that nobody drives it because it's brand new.... You just want to slap them...

A customer raises concern about their car being driven around while you have it; you suggest that they take note of the odometer on arrival to give them some peace of mind.

One look at the Ferrari and no one dares ever mention anything like that...anything else is a shitter and why would I want to drive theirs to get my rocks off?

But years ago I can recall a guy setting his trip meter to 0.....the car....a new for the time Ford XD 1980 Cartier.

About the only thing of distinction was the name used by Ford under licence. :facepalm2

Devil

I've had that a few times. I tell them I've had cars that made 2 and 3x the power their car has and I really wouldn't be all that impressed. It usually takes them down a notch.

Devil

I've had that a few times. I tell them I've had cars that made 2 and 3x the power their car has and I really wouldn't be all that impressed. It usually takes them down a notch.

Not sure if giving them a verbal bitchslap is the right way to go. I prefer to feed their ego. Make them feel good about it. Act stupid and express interest in their car. Makes for a better customer experience overall.  

"Yes sir, you boss... me squeegee.."   :notwrthy

:yeah Boosting a customers ego gets em in the right corner.

:whisper Especially BMW owners... :D

True,

I had a friend of mine bring me a junk 02 Camaro, that was an absolute chit box, but it had engine work and no mufflers, so it "sounded" good, but it still peed oil in my garage.  Told him it was awesome, told my wife it was trash.  Eh, tow truck drivers...they are all the same.

:whisper Especially BMW owners...:D

Tell me about it my roommate owns a BMW M3 and let me just say it. ANNOYING!!! I stress it to him every chance I get. Lol

HAHA.. [emoji629]BMW; Where superiority comes standard with every purchase.

My person favourite is the Korean car buyers.

[emoji338]"I've just bought a new car but I want to make sure you guys are extra careful about where it gets parked."

"No problem sir, what kind of car is it?"

"Its a Kia Rio."

"....... [emoji19]" [emoji337] *click*

:whisper Especially BMW owners...:D

Tell me about it my roommate owns a BMW M3 and let me just say it. ANNOYING!!! I stress it to him every chance I get. Lol
HAHA.. [emoji629]BMW; Where superiority comes standard with every purchase.

My person favourite is the Korean car buyers.

[emoji338]"I've just bought a new car but I want to make sure you guys are extra careful about where it gets parked."

"No problem sir, what kind of car is it?"

"Its a Kia Rio."

"....... [emoji19]" [emoji337] *click*

lmfao

I got rolled today - and kicking myself for my own stupidity for my double fail.  

Paying customer get's one of his girls to drop off his shiny black statesman, and I didn't pre-inspect - you know phone rings, you get distracted, and before you know it car is in the workshop and being worked on.

Car gets completed, and I miss post inspection - you know phone rings, you get distracted, and before you know it car is out in the carpark.

Custy gets his girls to pick up his car, and then when custy receives his car, a phone call and a drive back to the workshop pointing out clear coat issues on his black statesman - for which I can neither prove nor disprove despite the chain of custody being stretched, and that he purportedly knew every scruple on his duco.

So I see no choice other than to get a paint doctor in, and after seeking counselling from this thread I will definitely invest in cameras and 'demand' inconvenience to the customer for pre-inspection.

Sniff tears, rum here I come!   :spit

If you wanted to be very harsh, tell him to prove it....he can't.

Bit like a neighbour I've got that whinged to us on our front door that our builder had cracked his concrete drive way....it was tish in actual fact but this guy just wanted to ping some innocent with this.

My builder told him to go jump and nothing further happened.

But the ironic thing was that his very neighbour regularly backed out of his drive and did a pivot turn to drive out of our court using his drive and he owned a big 4wd.

It's just a try on mate....the guy's a dick.

Devil