That wasn't there when I brought it in.

If it's a scratch can you feel it with your fingernail on the exterior of the glass?

Yes, can fit fingernail into it :(

Hard to tell on my phone, but it may be a "dry line" from half peeling or lifting the film after it started to dry......?

:dunno May totally be a scratch though.

Just to add to the relevancy of my concern, look at this! These are the right and left front windows...  :blink

vr4U8Bz.jpg

i9w7gmSl.jpg

That "normal? 

:sad
Edited by Rcracer

Wow those light gaps are not normal. Especially your passenger window.

I have a theory on how that scratch may have got there. While not probable it's possible especially since this install was probably not very experienced.

While trimming the tint on your door they probably cut the film along the bottom seal as is pretty common if you don't remove sweeps or panels. This doesn't explain the straight horizontal scratch two inches up however.

So It's possible that they rolled your window down a couple inches to install the film and messed up along the way. Frustrated they may have slapped another piece of tint on the door and trimmed the bottom again not realizing they forgot to roll the window back up. That could explain a horizontal scratch a couple inches up.

Like I said this would seem pretty unlikely but after seeing the shady work on the doors leads me to believe an amature did it and this mistake is possible.

As far as what to do it's probably going to be hard to prove fault. Not sure what you paid but the cheaper you go the more likely you'll run into issues like this.

Welp! The person that tinted the car is a member of this forum and says they have been tinting for 15yrs!

I respect the fact that you haven't named this person and thrown them under the bus, which you shouldn't. I'm sure normally they would be more than happy to redo your doors because of the gap. We all have our days. That being said they may be hesitant to touch your car again if they are being blamed for something they feel they didn't do.

If they have video of it then it sounds like they are pretty confident it wasn't caused by them. So as I said before, it was probably already there.

Well I hope both parties can come to some sort of agreement. Just an fyi, I've seen brand new cars off the lot with defects and scratched in the glass. The fact that your car only has 35k on it doesn't mean much when it comes to glass defects.