Chrysler 300 2011

tintdoctor

my method that works for me- Dry shrink first. i use a light coat of powder with a 100% cowhide leather glove to push out as i shrink. lift up 1 side wet on window, now using a felt squeegee push out while shrinking anything that is lifting up.repeat on other side with the wet shrink! i do not have peanuts with double shrinking!

Nice even dry shrink. You could 0000 steel wool the lines. But 1 small thing I've found that helps, is don't 'over squeegee' it. Get the water out, but don't destroy it. A bit of water (tiny bit, unnoticeable) may occupy the space between the film and glass preventing a peanut space from forming. Then as the water naturally does it's thing and dries out it pulls the film to the glass in that area. I haven't got defroster peanuts on dodges or chryslers in forever using this method. I discovered this because when I used to get them they were small at first, I'd see it, naturally push it harder with a squeegee and that just seemed to make it worse.

But if you do end up with them, I cut a 1" slit on a defroster line then leave it for a bit to dry out. Come back and push it out later. That's why I usually start with the back glass.

I usually lightly sand Altimas and some others with a steel pot scrubber which seems crazy but it does fine with no damage BUT I did see some light scratches on a 13 or 14 300C I went over. Has anyone ever damaged one of these soft glasses with 0000? Afraid to even try. Don't hate on me for the pot scrubber deal, it hasn't hurt 20+ Altimas and Lexus's.

Archived