2014 forerunner

Pyramids

I tinted the rollups on one a few days ago with suntek carbon. Customer called and says the front windows look green. She brought it in and they do have a slight variation in color from the back that I haven't seen before. I do alot of toyota's with carbon and this is new to me.

Any thoughts?

Your customer is correct in my opinion and a few customers of mine.

It's always seemed green to me. You have just been lucky so far with only one complaint.

I think Toyota glass looks brownish purple. I don't have a perfect match film anyone else?

I just pulled the film to see, and sure enough the glass has an odd color to it as well. I have a 2014 camry here and the glass color is is very different between the 2 of them. This is a new body style, they just hit the dealerships, so we shall see.

most new toyota front 2 windows are UV glass and have a slight bronze tinge to them, impossible to match privacy glass colour, i use johnson marathon 30 or ultragard hp30 (australia)

I've been bitching about this for years, the rears have that greyish look while the fronts when clear are greenish. I have a post on here titled "what tint will match.."

Llumar ATC20 matches much closer than Suntek Carbon but still will have a greenish look because of the glass color.

I actually work at a Toyota dealership and tint windows on the side for them. I use Solargard Galixie film and it has been matching very well with the factory tint on rear windows of Toyota trucks and SUVs. I do notice the brownish hue on the prius especially as well. Not a bad look though

Archived