Discount for YELP Reviews, WOW

There is a Huge difference between watching the competition and worrying about them!  When you worry you lose sight of your business!   We have a guy who is dropping his prices, hash tagging our shops name in every social media post he does, in an attempt to steal customers looking for us on facebook and Instagram.    However I am not worrying about him one bit, but rather laugh at him for looking so desperate.  

Guest Tintgod

There is a Huge difference between watching the competition and worrying about them!  When you worry you lose sight of your business!   We have a guy who is dropping his prices, hash tagging our shops name in every social media post he does, in an attempt to steal customers looking for us on facebook and Instagram.    However I am not worrying about him one bit, but rather laugh at him for looking so desperate.  

I have the same problem in my town pierce8468! I am constantly finding negative comments about my shop that have been made by disgruntled employees and their friends or tint shops in the surrounding areas. It used to upset me and I found myself spending more time defending false reviews than I was tinting. I let my customers do the talking now. When I finish the job and I see the customer smiling and commenting about how good it looks and they're gonna tell all their friend, I tell them, "If your happy, tell them by giving the company a review on Facebook, Yahoo, or other social media.  I just concentrate on doing the best tint job I can. That's the best defense I think. 

yelp will catch on eventually in everybodies area, so i suggest looking into it

as far as that shop goes, a lot of those reviews will end up filtered off if the customer is not a consistent yelper.  if its a one time set up an account, and only one review it wont show unless its a negative review.  they let the negative ones show up regardless usually.  kind of messed up.  if you have the means its best to dominate every portal that your customer can see you

Yelp does suck. Google reviews are better to help you boost your organic listing. I ask all my customers to leave a review on Google for me. But you would think they would rather chew on tin foil or have a root canal. Its so hard to actually get them to follow thru and write a review. I've gotten lucky so far. I only have 8 but that's better than a lot of my competition. 

I just had a bad experience with yelp. I moved into a new market and proudly had 7 - 5 star reviews. This was great news in establishing my initial reputation here. So I signed up to advertise with them.... next thing I know, the algorithm caught up and wiped all of my reviews away. They were all 100% unique IP addresses and honest reviews from satisfied customers.

There is a $700 termination fee. I had to fight tooth and nail to get them to cancel the contract and waive the fee. Basically, I was paying them to promote my NO STAR business. YELP is ok at best. I would promote a customer to review through google only.