3M rep comes in with new ppf...SCOTCHGARD PRO

My 3M reps came in today to show me their new ppf. My overall impression is so/so. Top coat is excellent. It is clearer and no more orange peel. Film is not as rigid as before. The top coat healing clarity was the best part.

Now the bad......when I pulled the film from the liner the glue had a strong solvent Odor to it. Glue stressed easier than I like on contours. Lastly and alarming to me was after I did an initial tack and squeegee out and came back to area. I put my hand on the film and pushed. THE ENTIRE AREA FLOATED AROUND like an edge that gets water on it and gets loose. It took a while to tack.

I am 3m certified and use a lot of films (venture, xpel, Suntek, new nano fusion and solar gard pro. It seems to little too late. Everyone came out with new lines and new product this year.

I may change my mind but will need to play with more. Anyone else try it yet....

Your so right! its all a little late.... Its ok to 'miss the boat' but 3M in there wisdom didn't even think they had to turn up.

To produce a new film that the markets going to like it will have to be exceptional.

Do you know are these sample pieces of what we could have or are they in full production?

Your so right! its all a little late.... Its ok to 'miss the boat' but 3M in there wisdom didn't even think they had to turn up.

To produce a new film that the markets going to like it will have to be exceptional.

Do you know are these sample pieces of what we could have or are they in full production?

We were some of the first to see it in Florida. It was shipped from 3m corp but not at distributor yet. End of week. It is 7 year warranty like others on market.

Now the bad......when I pulled the film from the liner the glue had a strong solvent Odor to it.

Im waiting to get a bulk piece to cut and install to make a real evaluation. It wouldnt hurt for it to be just as good as what else is out. 

Guest Nik@mastershield

Hi guys, new to the board but I've been a long time installer. Curious to know about the 3m Scotchguard Pro and what you mean by it stresses more around contours. Did you mean that the glue distorts easier? I was told you could ball up the film and pull it apart again without the risk of glue separating from the film. Maybe that quality is a draw back when trying to tact it to the paint. I'm excited to try the film and how the end result look. Who did you guys talk to in order to get a roll of bulk film to play with? Am I going to have to call him  :minichuckto get something done?  Thanks!

Now the bad......when I pulled the film from the liner the glue had a strong solvent Odor to it.

Im waiting to get a bulk piece to cut and install to make a real evaluation. It wouldnt hurt for it to be just as good as what else is out.

It is only my opinion but 3m made sure I got it first for my opinion. They are changing certification to a star system. Most installers are going to start at 2 star . I am 4 star now meaning full fenders and hood. If you are already certified they are going to come to you and watch you install and decide then.