3M rep comes in with new ppf...SCOTCHGARD PRO

They are going to have 100 ft rolls instead of 120 ft and price will be slighty more than what the old use to be.

Yes it is now 100' rolls. 120' still makes sense to me but people can't get past roll price b/c of 120'

Now the bad......when I pulled the film from the liner the glue had a strong solvent Odor to it.

Im waiting to get a bulk piece to cut and install to make a real evaluation. It wouldnt hurt for it to be just as good as what else is out.

I had to fill out a survey about likes and dislikes. Also they want to switch to one step solution. Water, soap and alcohol mix.

Now the bad......when I pulled the film from the liner the glue had a strong solvent Odor to it.

Im waiting to get a bulk piece to cut and install to make a real evaluation. It wouldnt hurt for it to be just as good as what else is out.

It is only my opinion but 3m made sure I got it first for my opinion. They are changing certification to a star system. Most installers are going to start at 2 star . I am 4 star now meaning full fenders and hood. If you are already certified they are going to come to you and watch you install and decide then.

NO WAY! A star system!  3M want to sell boxes of film as many as they can. Some ones having you on.

It is only my opinion but 3m made sure I got it first for my opinion. They are changing certification to a star system. Most installers are going to start at 2 star . I am 4 star now meaning full fenders and hood. If you are already certified they are going to come to you and watch you install and decide then.

NO WAY! A star system!  3M want to sell boxes of film as many as they can. Some ones having you on.

Judging by my experience of MMM in the UK they have no interest in our installing skills, all they are interested in is how well we can market them. I too am interested in what Bedhead meant about the adhesive showing stress marks especially if the film takes a long while to tack. Finally what is wrong with the solvent smell. Not wanting to pick on you Bedhead but as yet you are the only one I know of who has actually played with the film let alone seen it.

Steve  :beer

Your right about the marketing part. I like them for that b/c I can price a little higher for better profits. After 20 years I don't want to race to zero b/c some fly by nite hack wants a price war. We have all seen it.

As for the glue. I live in Florida where the uv index is always high and it's hot. This progresses the aging process of glue. Even the best brands. All glue has solvent in it, they use it to thin glue out.

In vehicle wraps we use solvent printers and they have to out gas or solvent ruins print. I was just courious about it. It smells like cheap packing tape.

Over all it was good, I was doing a Benz gl350 hood with it. My pattern had a relieve cut on it and my rep said it won't need it b/c it's that good. The glue stressed after trying to get the front corner to tact. He was trying to prove a point and was wrong. No biggie

All glue has solvent in it, they use it to thin glue out.

Solvent for the most part evaporates out in the adhesive curing stage of manufacturing, so if the adhesive has a high amount of retained solvents, it will have a serious chemical smell to it and can adversely affect adhesive longevity.

Our adhesive is solvent free.   :thumb

Your right about the marketing part. I like them for that b/c I can price a little higher for better profits. After 20 years I don't want to race to zero b/c some fly by nite hack wants a price war. We have all seen it.

As for the glue. I live in Florida where the uv index is always high and it's hot. This progresses the aging process of glue. Even the best brands. All glue has solvent in it, they use it to thin glue out.

In vehicle wraps we use solvent printers and they have to out gas or solvent ruins print. I was just courious about it. It smells like cheap packing tape.

Over all it was good, I was doing a Benz gl350 hood with it. My pattern had a relieve cut on it and my rep said it won't need it b/c it's that good. The glue stressed after trying to get the front corner to tact. He was trying to prove a point and was wrong. No biggie

They sent me the whole "The contents of this box will change your business forever" package. It had a scuff pad and a sample of their new MMM and Xpel Ultimate on it. It said to scuff the films and see which one healed better. I did. Guess what? Xpel healed better. MMM still has faint scratches on it. Xpel has none. I was really hoping that MMM would be better, but it wasn't. :sad Bummer. Not sure if I will offer it or not when there are so many other options on the market now. :unsure: