3M rep comes in with new ppf...SCOTCHGARD PRO

Hi guys, new to the board but I've been a long time installer. Curious to know about the 3m Scotchguard Pro and what you mean by it stresses more around contours. Did you mean that the glue distorts easier? I was told you could ball up the film and pull it apart again without the risk of glue separating from the film. Maybe that quality is a draw back when trying to tact it to the paint. I'm excited to try the film and how the end result look. Who did you guys talk to in order to get a roll of bulk film to play with? Am I going to have to call him  :minichuckto get something done?  Thanks!

I recently did a training with Nano Fusion and the trainer said you could literally pull a piece out of the trash and use it. So I went to the trash and found a weeded piece that had been balled up and discarded. After soaking then film in soap and water, I sort of washed the adhesive side off and used it to bulk install on a mirror, Guess what?? It looked great and tacked up with no issue, no glue stretch, no tension lines. I was told MMM would be the same but after reading these replies, i doubt it

I got my 3M Pro Box.  It had sample test pieces labeled 3M and XPEL Ultimate....with a silver marker and scratch pad.  Guess we know who 3M is targeting.....

Guest Eric Tru Shine Witt

My regional Rep just came in yesterday to inform me about the new 3M SG pro film. I was pretty excited when he said you can't get lift lines in the film. He left me with the promotional box , sample piece (6"x20") and a coupon to get a free 24"x10ft sample piece. It came with a stop watch (to time myself for a faster install with new film) sharpie and scotch pad to scratch it (but my kit had Suntek film on the metal sample sheet? Not Xpel?

22A0F764-BAF5-4D6E-B48D-0DD9A4347292_zps[/url]

Eric - very interesting.... I am a 3M certified installer and also use XPEL Ultimate as our prem film so looks like they adjusted the film.  3M is pretty smart.   :)

Edited by protectmyvehicle

Now the bad......when I pulled the film from the liner the glue had a strong solvent Odor to it.

Im waiting to get a bulk piece to cut and install to make a real evaluation. It wouldnt hurt for it to be just as good as what else is out.

It is only my opinion but 3m made sure I got it first for my opinion. They are changing certification to a star system. Most installers are going to start at 2 star . I am 4 star now meaning full fenders and hood. If you are already certified they are going to come to you and watch you install and decide then.

NO WAY! A star system! 3M want to sell boxes of film as many as they can. Some ones having you on.

The was from 3m corporate aftercar care regional manager. They are updating their cert installers and dropping old online data base.

Guest Eric Tru Shine Witt

Hey guys, I hope this video doesn't bore anyone to death, tried to keep it interesting, but I used my sample piece of the new 3M pro film against Suntek and Xpel. Let me know what you think. And go easy on me... Lol

http://youtu.be/tXdD9yyH0A0