Blue Max Squeegee Blade vs Orange Crush Squeegee Blade- why and why no

Guest Jordan Burkeen

Guest Jordan Burkeen

I've been looking at buying some blades to go with fusion handles. I'm just not sure which one is better. The max is cheaper than the crush but that makes me think it isn't as good quality. Any opinion helps. Thanks! 

I've been looking at buying some blades to go with fusion handles. I'm just not sure which one is better. The max is cheaper than the crush but that makes me think it isn't as good quality. Any opinion helps. Thanks! 

I can tell you from my roughly 15 years of selling tools in this industry that it is hard to beat the Blue Max. We sell both of them, and I probably sell 10 Blue max to every 1 Orange Crush. The Blue Max just flat out works and it never leaves what I call erasure marks if you run it across a dry spot of film. The same cannot be said of other squeegee blades. Like I said, I can sell you either one, but that is my $.02.

Also, make sure you are buying the original and genuine Blue Max. If it is legit, it should have the Blue Max logo heat stamped into the top of the blade. Hope that helps.

I've used a lot of different blades the crush leaves eraser type marks

Blue max is great at getting the water out

Last month I changed to the clear max and I really like it

That being said the blue is what most of us use

You'll just have to see what works best for you

Edited by OverLord

I was a die hard blue max guy until RIchard at Solar Control St Louis got me to try the "new" orange crush.  I can say that I will NEVER go back to the blue max.  Blue max edges were wearing out quicker on me than the Crush is...

I can also say that the recent orange crush does not leave any marks...I had one of the older ones and it did but not the new ones....

Tried the "clear max" and did NOT like it.

On 5/21/2014 at 4:53 PM, Ryker said:

I was a die hard blue max guy until RIchard at Solar Control St Louis got me to try the "new" orange crush.  I can say that I will NEVER go back to the blue max.  Blue max edges were wearing out quicker on me than the Crush is...

I can also say that the recent orange crush does not leave any marks...I had one of the older ones and it did but not the new ones....

Tried the "clear max" and did NOT like it.

Yeah finna go around and holla at Richard myself I left my blue max in an customer car and thinking bout getting the orange crush 

Ive been using the blu max for years, but getting over it. Like Ryker said, wears out quick. I put a new blade in a few days ago and the edges got dull after doing two cars. Orange crush I use to clean the bg and the blade looked better 3-4 months later.  Clear max sucks and just wears quicker than the blu max.  

BTW it does seem fusion changed the blades. They seem softer, especially the clear crush. 

I used the clear max and felt I wasn't getting enough water out of windows. I then went to the Orange Crush just to not use a blue max and have other installers take my handle and not bring it back. Then I went back to the blue max wanting something harder. Blue max would get nicked up quicker than orange crush. I went to the red line and loved it, but it was worse than the blue max so I am now back at the orange crush and I love it. Just my evolution.