2015 Volkswagen GTI and Golf

Jayz81

The 2015 GTI has front quarter windows. They are nearly impossible to access. The doors are looser on the sides than the previous models, but the gaskets are wider as well, so more film to have to tuck to the back. Back window has less curve, but the trim on the inside seems to be tighter. Also, there is less room on the top near the spoiler, and the spoiler comes down onto the rear window on the sides, leaving less room on the sides. All in all its not too bad, except for the front quarters. Who's stupid idea was that ? And how is the customer supposed to even clean it ? LOL 

This new GTI is a welcome change from the previous model. Front windows are illegal here in Sask,so I just tint the rear, and the back window is so much easier to do than the last model. Loving it so far.

Watch the hatch for water drainage guys. It has been pointed out before that the water drains down the wiring harness of the hatch and into the roof lining.

Pull the wiring plugs and stuff with cloths to soak up the water. :thumb

On 6/3/2014 at 3:24 PM, RockyDaz said:

Watch the hatch for water drainage guys. It has been pointed out before that the water drains down the wiring harness of the hatch and into the roof lining.

Great advice there RockyDaz.  Works a treat.   :D

20140606_133627_zpsddu1eo8w.jpg

On 6/5/2014 at 8:44 PM, Ultra Tinter said:
On 6/3/2014 at 3:24 PM, RockyDaz said:

Great advice there RockyDaz.  Works a treat.   :D

20140606_133627_zpsddu1eo8w.jpg

Cheers Ultra.

I've done it on my last few now. Tikka gave me the heads up.