Ideal Age and Gender Demographic for Automotive Window Tint

I'm starting my own tint business and was trying to figure out the age and gender demographic. Ive been tinting automotive for going on 6 yrs now. I always believed that the target demo was men 30- 50yrs old. I know now more than ever women are wanting to customize their vehicles as well. Just wondering what you all thought?

Thanks

I find that most my customers are 25plus. But I am the expensive shop in my area. I let the cheapo shops deal with the younger crowd, and those who drive older crusty vehicles. Probably the best thing you could do is decide what customer base you want to deal with, and target them specifically.

My main auto customer base is EQUALLY men and women from 25 to 45. Get a handful of elderly women but hardly ever anyone under 25 it seems.

I agree with TE. I think the primary customers for this industry on the auto side are 25-45, but maybe skewed a little more male. As you go below 25, it definitely gets more male dominant. Also depends on where you live. If you live in a very hot climate that almost makes tint a necessity, then that widens that demographic much more and you even see elderly people getting film installed. You are always safe targeting the 25-25 crowd though.

Males from 25 to 55 for top end auto sales.

Females from 18 to 25 is an emerging market for the same sales, generally on their brand new 2nd owned car.

Males under 25 are a huge market, only for bottom dollar tinting on their busted ass 20 year old puss bucket... But it's generally fine to use those old black garbage bags that you have lying around to sweat film off, that is exactly what they are looking for anyway.

Guest Tintgod

I'm starting my own tint business and was trying to figure out the age and gender demographic. Ive been tinting automotive for going on 6 yrs now. I always believed that the target demo was men 30- 50yrs old. I know now more than ever women are wanting to customize their vehicles as well. Just wondering what you all thought?

Thanks

My shop seems to be 25-35, female 65% male 35%.  If you have a facebook page look under the insights tab and it will give u the demographics.

Archived