Broke a backglass.

Guest bobshoe

Guest LockedDown

Broke a rear window on a dealer Nissan van once. Lifted the wiper, sprayed the window with one pull on the bottle as I was wetting the window to shrink and it exploded!. Scared the crap out of me and my prep guy. Obviously bad back glass as it has to be able to handle a little moisture even if its hot. Dealer told me not to worry and replaced the glass, I am sure that was about $900 worth of glass at the time I recall. Never had it happen since though. I have seen cars in our lot where nobody is around and they explode like that, all of them new cars so thinking just manufacturing defects of some sort or chips/cracks on edges. 

I broke a 2012 Taurus rear glass once. Did everything like normal. I did the dryer sheet goo, let dry, layer film and tacked my H Pattern... 10 seconds into shrinking the back glass explodes. No idea why. Took car to glass shop and tinted the new glass as the shop was cleaning up the mess. They glued it in and all was fine.

Customer came to get the car and I told him what happened and he was so happy I went and had the glass replaced and the car done before he came to get it. Charged him the 350 for the tint and ate the 680 for the back glass. Shit happens sometimes.

Still have no idea why it exploded. Over the years I boil it down to the window being installed on the vehicle while it wasn't sitting level when build. There must have been some constant stress in it and all it took was a few degrees of heat to push it over the edge.......

That's the worst feeling, I've only broken a side window it was on a brand new BMW coupe with frameless windows still to this day not sure how it happened I was sliding the film under the bottom seal using just my finger tips to move the piece and the glass just blew away from my fingers the worst part was it was the last window we had to tint and my partner was up front ringing the customer out this was the end of the day on a Friday and we squeezed her in.. to top it off she had literally just left the dealer with her new car haha

Archived