3M, Johnson, or MaXpro????

Guest THEGMAN185

Guest THEGMAN185

I am a consumer looking to get my windows tinted on a 2011 Jeep Liberty. There are several installers in the area and these are the brands of film that are offered:

-3M FX Premium

-3M Color Stable

-Johnson Silhouette

-MaXpro

The installers all seem legit, so that is not a concern. I just want to make sure I get the best film on my SUV and wanted your all's expert  opinions.

Any thoughts and input as to what the best film is from these choices would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Guest THEGMAN185

Thanks for responding Tint Eastwood!

I have no brand loyalty to anyone as far as window film goes. 

I just didnt know if you experts had experience with any of these brands (and particular films)?

Would love to hear from people who have used them and what their thoughts are, and in particular, if anyone has had bad results from any of the ones I have listed.

Thanks!

There are a lot of great films in the marketplace. You really are asking the age old question of "which is better, Coke, Pepsi, Dr. Pepper?" All the film companies you proposed are really good companies. Every tinter has their own preferences to the film that they use in their operations and honestly feel that their film is better then any other. Just because I prefer Pepsi over Coke & Dr Pepper doesn't mean that the other two are bad products, just my personal preference. Another scenario would be "which is the best? Ferrari, Lamborghini, McClaren?" All are exceptional cars that I can't afford. LOL

Guest THEGMAN185

Great point whitehog.

Although its definitely Coke over Pepsi! Haha.

Good to know you think those 3 companies are good. I just wanted to make sure there wasnt one that was terrible compared to the rest based on people on here using it. I have never tinted or had anything I own tinted, so didnt know if one stood out as higher quality?

Reading all the posts on this site, there are alot of mixed reviews on all the brands I have mentioned. Some love 3M, some hate it. Johnson seems to have an adhesive and grainny problem, and I have seen pictures of MaxPro bubbling. So it is all very confusing on who to trust!!!

More responses would be great! Keep them coming!

Do it through a reputable dealer who has a good track record and pick something other than the Maxpro. Any differences in the film between Johnson and 3M will be slight and almost unnoticeable to a consumer, outside of the cost. Both brands have competitive warranties so any problems in the future it would likely be handled. 

Professionals tend to nitpick (which is good) when it comes to these slight differences but in the end you have three good choices in your line-up there and buyer's remorse is unlikely, unless installed incorrectly. Pay good money for the install.....not so much the brand or line. :twocents

Guest THEGMAN185

Thanks for the responses everyone!

Coast to Coast: Is the 3M CS better than the 3M FX Premium because the CS is carbon based? I didnt know if the carbon based films were any better than dyed films? This could create a whole new discussion on here I would assume...haha.

Thanks for responding Tint Eastwood!

I have no brand loyalty to anyone as far as window film goes. 

I just didnt know if you experts had experience with any of these brands (and particular films)?

Would love to hear from people who have used them and what their thoughts are, and in particular, if anyone has had bad results from any of the ones I have listed.

Thanks!

Haven't used Maxpro and I won't either.

I stock the other 3 films and all are quality films with different looks and performances.

You won't be disappointed with either. :D

Guest THEGMAN185

Why is everyone saying not to use Maxpro? Bad experiences? Customer complaints?

RockyDaz: Why wont you try Maxpro?

The installer using Maxpro has the lowest price and Maxpro comes with the best warranty.

I will go another route though if everyones reasons against Maxpro are legit.

Thanks