Aftermarket tint on top of factory? HELP!

Guest Thatliftedtruckguy

Guest Thatliftedtruckguy

I'm wanting to tint my Silverado ext cab and want to get my front two windows as close to the stock rear windows as possible(which are 18%) and I know I won't be able to get exactly there because I want to stay legal. In texas the tint law is 25% on the front two so does that mean I can put 25% film on my front two windows and be good to go or do I need to factor in the factory stock 77% tint that are on the front two? If so I think that 35% will get me pretty close(27%) to legal? The cops in my county are a pain in the ass and are everywhere so I'd like to not have to get a ticket every week. And also does anyone have an idea of how much a tint ticket would be? Also will it raise my insurance if I do get one? Any help or input would be great! Thanks!

Guest Thatliftedtruckguy

any good tint shop you go to will know what they can or can't put on.  I am pretty sure TX is a net law too so you do need to include the stock glass in the figure. 

Go with a film that is somewhere from an actual 30-33% VLT. That should put anywhere from 25-27% on the front doors. 

Do you guys know anything about if I get pulled over for it?

any good tint shop you go to will know what they can or can't put on.  I am pretty sure TX is a net law too so you do need to include the stock glass in the figure. 

Go with a film that is somewhere from an actual 30-33% VLT. That should put anywhere from 25-27% on the front doors. 

Not sure about Texas, but here in Florida if the front windows are darker than legal you can get a fine which is over $100.00. Most law enforcement don't issue a fine, just a warning. I have a regular customer that is a retired state officer and told me that the dark film was a reason for him to pull someone over to see if they are trafficking drugs, weapons or maybe in your case, illegal aliens. 

Guest Thatliftedtruckguy

Not sure about Texas, but here in Florida if the front windows are darker than legal you can get a fine which is over $100.00. Most law enforcement don't issue a fine, just a warning. I have a regular customer that is a retired state officer and told me that the dark film was a reason for him to pull someone over to see if they are trafficking drugs, weapons or maybe in your case, illegal aliens. 

"illegal aliens" :lol  :lol  :lol  ha very true though! Thanks for your help

Archived