asking for better pay

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO when you say ' I can do most jobs without much direction' or however you stated it ...that indicates that you are still a trainee... 10 bucks an hour is not chump change for a guy still learning and at higher probability to damage something then a seasoned guy.... :twocents

If I am wrong put your money where your mouth is and quit... Surely a person of your skill level is a desired asset and will have no problem finding a job at the height of tint season for lots more pay....

Good Luck ! :thumb

I think most of us believe we are worth more than what we are paid. The reality is some of us are not, but that can change. I think first you need to ask yourself is installing film a job or a career for you? When I first started out I knew I wanted to make a career out of this profession, I very much enjoyed it and wanted to learn everything I could.

I started out on salary and many times I was asked to work 6 days a week 50-60 hours. What helped me get through it was knowing that I wanted to make a career out of this and looked at those long hours as additional experience and an investment in myself. Sucking it up and paying my dues has been very beneficial to me.

Am I the greatest installer out there? Of course not but I'm better today then I was yesterday and I'll be better tomorrow than I am today. If you're not trying to improve yourself daily then you're regressing and the next ambitious person will pass you by.

I think you should look at your job/career as a great opportunity to increase your skills using someone else's film. If you are determined enough you will get paid, with your current employer or somewhere else.

Hmm, I think your putting the carriage before the horse. Like someone stated you should at least wait a year, your no where close to where you should be. Now unless you're answering the phone, setting appointments, and what not then yes you should be making $10 an hour.

Archived