Shade Shop Butchered My New Car (2014 Mazda 3 HB)

Guest sentential

Guest sentential

Just got my first new car after transferring out here to this desert hellhole and as usual it's been impossible to find decent service. Dealer referred me to these idiots; Shade Shop out here in Odessa, TX. This is what I came back with (2014 Madza 3 HB)

DamagedPassengerSide.jpg

DriversSide.jpg

Dealer said they burned the passenger rear quarter with a heatgun and are refusing to cover it so I'm out another $140 on top of the $250 I paid to get this work done. There's tons of dust in other sections these are just the worst two. So my question is should even bother trying to get them to fix it or just do a charge back and call it a day

I need to charge MORE!!!!  way MORE!!!

Heat gun on the quarter panels?  really?  someone does not know what he/she is doing then.

It looks horrible - a dust spec here and there is acceptable - nobody has a perfect, flawless installation.  If I look close enough I will always find imperfections.

Oh Damn!! Do a charge back if they are not willing to make it right. Us tinters are not always perfect, but one thing I can say about myself is that if a mess something up, I admit it and fix it. Good Luck!

I believe it has been said that doing a charge back or stopping a check on a job is considered theft.  You have tinted windows and if you keep the tint then there is no reason they should not have their money.  You can either make them remove it and refund or get it redone at another shop and then fight it out in court....

Sorry you got a crap job and that the shop is not willing to make any of it right.  If they burned a panel then you need to make them pay for that too....

Guest sentential

It wouldn't be a stopped check it would be a dispute with the credit card company for the difference; ie paid - damages. These idiots have been jacking me around all week but based on your advice I at least got the owner to meet with me tommorow on what they're going to do about it. Took my wife's outback to another shop and asked them to look at it; they're suggesting I leave it alone because in his words "this is not the worst I've seen come from there, I've got 3 on the lot right now I'm fixing that came from their shop". Wish I would have known before being told to go there.

I'm honestly more interested in trying to force them to re-do both. Even if they damage my car further unfortunately for them we're insured through USAA, so worst case I'll just have to sue for the deductible. Ironically suing for the deductible is cheaper than driving to Dallas and paying someone else to do it lol. Might as well let em f**k it up again and either they'll get it half-way right or do enough damage that my insurance company will get involved.

For those who don't know USAA is one of the nastiest ones around when it comes to at-fault claims; bet I'd even get my deductible waived lol

You can't even THINK if getting a heatgun near a 1/4 window on the newer M3's or M6's . The rubber will curl right up and burn on you . It's way too thin .

They should be paying for thier mistake IMO

Well, a Mazda 6 just confirm for me for tomorrow... I will use tape, but I just don't see why you'll need heat on the 1/4's if you take your time and do it right. 

Being that I have been doing this for almost 14 years, I think it is safe for me to say that all of us has creased the film when installing on a 1/4 window. So do you replace it and take a stab at it again? Or do you pull out the heat gun and try saving it? I am sure most will first try the heat gun first. You can take all the time in the world but sometimes things happen. As small as some of those windows are, they can sometimes be the most difficult ones to do on a car. Now if you don't know what you are doing with that heat gun, problems like this happen and you damage things. It then should be up to the installer or shop to make things right.  :twocents

Oh Damn!! Do a charge back if they are not willing to make it right. Us tinters are not always perfect, but one thing I can say about myself is that if a mess something up, I admit it and fix it. Good Luck!

I totally agree. If I mess up something I fix it.  Been there done that.  :cool

Guest sentential

Sorry for the lack up updates, been dealing with these idiots and my car's been in the shop getting parts replaced. I took the car back to them, pratically had to beg to get them to re-do it and this is what I ended up with.

InsideAfter.jpg

Sooooooo they broke my car as you can see.....again. Total damages ended up being $250, they wrote me a check for $144 (since I didn't see the damage until the dealer showed me it and I charged back the rest. This is the tint I ended up with:

Outside.jpg

Tons of dust as you can see and to top it all off if you look at the bottom left corner its starting to peel and de-laminate as you can see here:

InsideDe-laminate.jpg

So done with these people, I'm getting a quote from the guy who did my wife's outback, apparently he's the best guy in town and he did a fantastic job on her car, cost a little more $300 but well worth it. Only bad thing is the guy is crazy busy. When we went there he apparently is doing 8-9 a day in a refrigerated bay. Earliest he could squeeze me in was 8/19 so I'll have to live with this for over a week before I can get it fixed.

Archived