Pulling Over for Tint in Ohio?

Guest feardabill

Hey marco, just to let you know, the signing a waiver thing is admitting guilt on your part. And if you ever went to court a lawyer could argue that you knew the law by making the customer sign a waiver. so your at fault for not obeying the law.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BCCwintint

I'm with tintguy. Here in Salem-Keizer, Oregon, the police can still nail the installer because the installer knows what's illegal and what's not. Waivers won't fly here! It's 35% VLT film-glass here in Oregon. So if some guy asks me to install 15% on his Honda Accord, I say politely, no can do. Reduces my liability if he gets popped by Johnny Law! Maybe he'll get :lol6 but I'd rather deal with that than get in trouble with the law! However, I will install down to 5% on sport-utes and vans that aren't factory tinted. That's legal! :lol6

Guest Sprinter

I wonder the fine line, is it illegal to apply the tint darker on the fronts or does it say no DRIVER can drive with tint being darker than the legal limit?

I'll bet most states take the 2nd one!

what do you think?

Guest SQUEEGEE
She has been popped a few times,the same cop kept pulling her over and giving her tint tickets,but luckily she knows a few cops and he left her alone and no more tickets :lol

:lol6 Wow... and that makes it (all) right? :lol6

:lol6

If any have paid attention to the tendency for law enforcement to get 'their' perspective heard more so in the legislating of tint use...

stands to reason that...

continuing to defy the written law will only lead to tighter restrictions in the future or a worse case scenario... the banning of film use altogther.

Keep it legal so we can all feed our families, too. :lol

Metint,

As to the legality issue of tint in various states what are the major auto makers doing to obey the tinting laws in various states? It seems to me that they couldn't care what laws exist from state to state as they boldly and without regard to varied state laws, tint truck and SUV rear windows at about a 17% VLT. Do you think the auto manufacturers are concerned about a tinters livelihood or the livelihood of the aftermarket film industry?

I think this act alone by the auto manufacturers does more to destroy our trade than any other source including renegade shops who bend the rules. :lol

Is somebody, anybody or any organization that you know of in a position of influence lobbying law makers or auto manufacturers regarding this situation?

Just curious. :booga

Guest metint
I wonder the fine line, is it illegal to apply the tint darker on the fronts or does it say no DRIVER can drive with tint being darker than the legal limit?

I'll bet most states take the 2nd one! 

what do you think?

Usually the laws will state something like this... 'No motor vehicle shall be operated', saying nothing of who owns or operates it. :lol6

Guest metint
Her friends that are cops knew about the other officer and asked him to stop pulling her over because everyone else could see into the car and he always pulled her over around our house..like he was just waiting to hand out a ticket.So there were no special favors or any laws being broke.

Got it...

just like in tinting, there are the good, the bad and the ugly. :lol6

Metint,

As to the legality issue of tint in various states what are the major auto makers doing to obey the tinting laws in various states? It seems to me that they couldn't care what laws exist from state to state as they boldly and without regard to varied state laws, tint truck and SUV rear windows at about a 17% VLT. Do you think the auto manufacturers are concerned about a tinters livelihood or the livelihood of the aftermarket film industry?

I think this act alone by the auto manufacturers does more to destroy our trade than any other source including renegade shops who bend the rules.

Is somebody, anybody or any organization that you know of in a position of influence lobbying law makers or auto manufacturers regarding this situation?

I agree car makers don't give a hoot... and no I am unaware of any 'organized body' capable of influencing the auto makers other than NHTSA, but even there you will find corrupt influence occurring I am sure.

Auto makers have help set the standards adopted by NHSTA, to which individual States do not necessarily follow.

:booga

Guest Blade
they have to sign a waiver saying they take responsibilty.

I've said it before.....he it goes again......

A waiver is nothing more than a paper trail back to the person who did the illegal installation. Waivers mean nothing more than that. If you are having customers sign waivers so that you aren't responsible then you're fooling yourself.

Guest nautiboi73

Auto makers tint the rear of SUV's and Trucks ONLY because they are not limited in ANY State. THey never thignk about how it might affect the Tint Industry, I don't think that they even care about Aftermarket Community. If so WHy whould they stray form the Din size radio to the Intergrated radios that require kits and by passes and hop la to get around. The only reason that cars and the front two are "untinted" is because the law varies from state to state, IF there were ever a time that the Laws didn't varry the AutoMakers would sure as hell tint everything from Factory :):)

Ga Law as written by Ga Leg.->HERE

Guest Marco

I worded myself wrong,I warn people about illegal tint..the company I work with is the one that deals with the waiver signing.

Maybe it's time for a uprising in the tint industry.. :) I want 35% on my car and so does everyone else,it's not fair that suv's and trucks can have blacked out windows..it's a conspiracy.

A "thought" if auto makers and law makers did legalize tint, the auto makers would actually not put tinters out of work because why would it be allowed that only new cars could have darker tint and not used cars or trucks.Maybe it would be an option to have tint and people will go somewhere else for a cheaper price than factory tint.Either way if it was to ever happen,there are alot more used cars and trucks than new.

Maybe it's time for a uprising in the tint industry.. :)  I want 35% on my car and so does everyone else,it's not fair that suv's and trucks can have blacked out windows..it's a conspiracy.

hmm, interesting idea...

If everybody was as adamant about tint darkness being "reasonable" rather than just "legal", then the laws might be more reasonable, too.

If a sport utility or van is safe to drive with 20% factory tint on the back, then why aren't all state laws 35% front, 20% rear? If they were, then more people would be happy with "legal" tint. The problem is that the laws vary too much from one area to another and it's neither fair nor reasonable.

It's also unreasonable to think that someone who installs 35% in a state where 50% is the law is as bad as someone who installs 5% in a state where 35% is the law.

In other words, instead of complaining about the installers, complain about the law.