back window from hell

Here's a back window from hell. Olds 4dr Cutlass. My first and LAST done in one piece. This was so long ago not only did I look young(I'm on the left) this was before camera phones. Haha

Done in Formula One..for the life of me I can't remember what type of F-1 it was...maybe like fx or something...it was the top line when it first came out. There was comfort, classic and this one.

post-35003-0-19623800-1411923504_thumb.j

Here's a back window from hell. Olds 4dr Cutlass. My first and LAST done in one piece. This was so long ago not only did I look young(I'm on the left) this was before camera phones. Haha

Done in Formula One..for the life of me I can't remember what type of F-1 it was...maybe like fx or something...it was the top line when it first came out. There was comfort, classic and this one.

That was long ago! There is still a couple boxes of that FX stuff in the shop I work for. If I understand correctly, it was advertised as an non-reflective metallized film.

Yeah. I think that pic was like 2001-2002ish. That film was weird. If you pulled it out of a 40" and split the box at 20, you had to make sure every piece went on the car the same way(vertical orientation) or the widows would look different. I was able to one piece that film on a Porsche 944 too. That was a challenge, especially since we weren't dry shrinking at that time.

It took about 45 min of wet shrinking before I got it finished. And I had to remove something from the back window glass itself- I think it was the rear wiper mechanism. It left a hole I had to shrink and cut around. Basically it sucked. And we didn't charge enough. Lol

Edited by Blackwolftinting

Bringing this thread back from the dead.I had another bubble back Capri come in to do. I'm pretty selective on cars I do. I tell my guy's "don't take in anything older then 2000 with out checking with me firs"t. haha. But I am a fox body mustang guy so I feel obligated to do them from our local mustang club. Not sure what the deal was with this one. The one I did in the first post was 1 piece 40" role. This one the 40" was a hair to small to cover the glass. So I 2 pieced it. Still turned out great. It has been a lot of years since I have done a 2 piece. I guess it pays off sometimes to have been tinting for so long. Get to pull out the old bag of trick once in a while.

IMG_2648.jpg

Wow man, I've only seen 2 of those on the road in the last 15 yrs i think. I should've kept pics of that 80 or so caprice 2 door I did, thought I'd never have to tint 1 and it was waiting outside when I showed up, weird aero back glass, I winged it turned out pretty good.