Newbie... please help!

Guest Crouw28

Guest Crouw28

I'm new at this and I'm trying very hard. I really enjoy tinting, something about it intrigues me. I've only tinted 3 cars so far and gone through about 150 ft of film lol. I'm getting the hang of it but my question is this: No matter how well I clean the window in and out I always get little bubble "specs" in clusters under the film after it sits for a few hours. I clean the window inside and out with a razor blade, flush all the dirt down with my sprayer, clean the gaskets and seals, and squeegee in and out before I install the film. Are these little specs dirt contamination or a product of bad film? I'm using Express Window Films "True Black" standard series auto film. Its a 2 ply NR film. Your comments will be appreciated.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That in particular looks like felt to me. More roundish would be dirt/ dust. To eliminate the felt just tape the gaskets before doing anything else. Blue painters tape works well for this. Just beware once it gets wet the tape will start to peel. It could also be possible you're not flushing good enough when peeling bottom half of liner. Another could be the film hitting the edge of the window. I like videos so if you can post one it will make it easier to pin point the problem.

Guest Colton Eric Kimbrell

i noticed i had this problem at first. i have the benefit of having to tint around 5 cars a day so even though i started tinting only a little over a month ago i have tinted around 100 cars. one problem if your bottom feeding like i do your pulling felt or dust thats fallen bellow the glass by feeding the tint to far down. another is if you get it in the top of the glass you probably let the tint rise above the edge of the glass. try what i have started doing use a platinum easy reach and squeegee the sides after using a blue max or whatever squeegee you use on the window. squeegee the sides down and then flush the sides instead of flushing the sides without running a card down  them. another thing is im tinting in a very very busy auto mechanics shop. about 25 mechanics in there working at a time turning rotors and such. your environment could have anything in it so watch were your tinting as well.

Guest Colton Eric Kimbrell

the way i was shown i put the tint onto the glass by leading the bottom edge down onto the glass and keeping the top part of the tent bent over my hands then i shimmy the tint down till the top will line up and roll the tint up onto the glass

Archived