Newbie... please help!

Guest Crouw28

the way i was shown i put the tint onto the glass by leading the bottom edge down onto the glass and keeping the top part of the tent bent over my hands then i shimmy the tint down till the top will line up and roll the tint up onto the glass

Aka the drop hang method. Both ways are great methods just way either panel or sweep had to be pulled.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Crouw28

I've never heard of that method. The way I do it is peel the release liner half way down from the top, wet the film, and install the top of the film first, then roll up the window, clean the bottom of the glass, pull the rest of the release liner off and install the bottom half of the film.

You shouldn't have to clean the glass after rolling up the window. Just spray a generous amount of solution. Cleaning prep for me goes, roll window 1/4 way down razor blade it. Roll window up finish razor blading. Spray window again, conquerer down by both seals. Squeegee across bottom, roll window 1/4 way down squeegee top to bottom. Conquerer down the sides and paper towel top edge. After i lay the film on the top edge i do no more cleaning. Just use a heavy amount of solution. Where's the video?

Guest Colton Eric Kimbrell

the way i do it the liner is completely off the tint when i put it on the window. i have a large glass wall on either side of the cars availible to me though so this method works well for me cause i can lay all my tint on the glass beside the car and put each one on piece by piece

i wasnt taught to razor every window i do. perhaps ill try that and see if it reduces the amount of trash i find in my tint. i really believe the environment that im tinting in is my worse enemy though. any thoughts on that considering im tinting in a automotive service center with 30 mechanics in it. 

and yeh sounds like your overcleaning to me. perhaps the reason your getting those little fibers are maybe from clothing your wearing or something instead of from the gasket once the tint hits the glass i wouldnt want anything else to touch the glass at all.

All have stated good points of contamination but a video can easily pin point it. Looks like dirt from the top of the glass to me. Placement is a huge factor when trying to minimize contamination, get it as close to where you want it in the end and treat it like a woman; gentle but firm.

Guest Crouw28

I haven't been able to make a video... I haven't had a car to tint yet. I don't tint enough cars yet to be able to show you what I do. I'll make a video the next car I tint.

Archived