Newbie... please help!

Guest Crouw28

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ArtisticTint

Does look like felt in this pic, I always tape up felt seals using 2" masking tape. The 2" tape covers more of your seal and door edge preventing contamination. To make it easier to remove the tape after install, I'll fold over the top of the tape onto itself, about half an inch. This allows for a good finger grip to remove it after the window is finished. On vehicles w/ out felt, will use my white scrub pad on the part of the seal that touches the glass on both sides, as well as the top edge of the glass. Do this before cleaning the glass w/ the scraper, after scraping use your olfa knife to scrape near the seals where your scraper can't reach. I always try to clean the glass to one spot, normally clean towards the mirrors trying to move any possible contamination to that one area. After everything is scraped and scrubbed I'll use my first micro fibre towel to wipe off the entire glass, making sure to get in the seals. Will spray the glass and squeegee next, squeegeeing towards the same spot i focused on earlier, wiping my squeegee off after every pass with a second micro fibre towel. Once everything is finished, will take the second micro fibre towel and wipe the seals again starting at the top and working towards the same spot by the mirror. After you get in a pattern of things all these steps go quickly.  

If that doesn't work try Nix ;)

Archived