Window Film Suppliers - Remaining feet sticker on roll

Guest nwamobiletint

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest matriXtints

for what its worth, I can pretty well tell how many feet, or pretty close, is left on a roll by looking at the end of the roll on the core.

:yeah

Guest nwamobiletint

Thanks for the input. There are some good points and advice for the manufacturers. Just a thought to put out there and see if anything happens.

I mean you can kind of guess by looking at the roll how much is left but it would be just nice to have printed on there at least. It could also be a good quality control measure to know that you are really getting 100' on your roll. You never know......

When a roll comes in just put a tag on the box and mark what is removed, then you will know exactly what is left on the roll, what's so hard about that....... ?

I put this on every roll that comes in.

3316d00d-c639-47db-a651-76169b27c251.jpg

Bought some V-kool that logo was printed across the liner. Was great except the geniuses ran the film in such a way the ink transferred from liner to film when they rolled it. Like that film isn't hard enough to apply and seal without having to scrub the job with cleaners to get their ink off!

Cost more to do increments. Bulk roll breakdown would call for an operate to put the brakes on without missing 0 each time. It would have to print at the bulk roll breakdown, which would call for the technology being placed on each of those type machines. Laminating machines are less in number.

Wonder if you'd be happy to pay for the price increase to do this though OP

When a roll comes in just put a tag on the box and mark what is removed, then you will know exactly what is left on the roll, what's so hard about that....... ?

I put this on every roll that comes in.

3316d00d-c639-47db-a651-76169b27c251.jpg

Nice Mike.... :cool

Bought some V-kool that logo was printed across the liner. Was great except the geniuses ran the film in such a way the ink transferred from liner to film when they rolled it. Like that film isn't hard enough to apply and seal without having to scrub the job with cleaners to get their ink off!

You know it was V-kool and not some other lookalike brand. I think it was 3m that began this practice as a way to deter counterfeiting.

Archived