New age?

There was a troll named Harry that came on Patric's Linked-in forum to promote SolGel.

The moderator thought being nice to trolls would a be a good idea so he trashed the window film industry for several months.

Harry was too big a coward to come into the thunderdome.

When I first saw Smart's thread here, my initial reaction was:   "Flow on has come back from the dead - I never thought I would live to see the day".  But I decided to keep an open mind and listen to what they had to say.

Unless there is some solar performance advantage, I believe that film is much more desirable.   This method requires that you do your own coating.  Why would you want to do that when a fully automated coater/laminator or sputtering machine creates window film with virtually perfect optics and uniform thickness?

I will continue to keep an open mind, but unless I am missing something, I do not see the benefit over film.  In the event of glass breakage, I would certainly prefer the film.

Maybe the scratch coat is more durable?  What about longevity?

And I bet it would not be a lot of fun to apply that on a large pane while standing on a scaffold.

-Howard

what scratch coat would there be on this?  I would think the coating would not be very uniform with a foam "paint brush" being uses....

time and process with this make me not even think I am interested.

Archived