rear windscreen and heat tips

Guest scso13

I've had much better results with tint slime on classic black. Especially when it gets hot. I do the same as some others. Keep a spray bottle handy with a very concentrated slip for windshields and back glass. Mostly using qdphp now. I think classic black adhesive is too aggressive.

any tips on doing rear windscreen when its 95+ degrees outside and working in a garge with no temp control? Acting like it's drying out to fast when squeegeing. can hear the film snapping, like the sound it makes after you have already squeegeed and have to remove, as im trying to squeege right after just placing film on glass and then I get to spot where it doesnt "snap" and i crease film. I've used a generous amount of solution on glass and film and still seems to dry out fast.

Have a separate spray bottle with way more soap in it and spay the back glass down with it right before install, use your regular soap on the film.

Guest eclipseTN

with my expirence( 10 yrs) ..... i tint for a dealership where we do every single car on the lot before its sold.... i live in TN.    it gets pretty hot here...  while im at work, i use llumar... have no problem with the film sticking too fast... once i leave there i use EWF at my house for my customers ( i have my own business aswell) when its very hot/humid out... the ewf tacks super fast and i have the same issues you are talking about... so, the issue is the brand of film... not a film issue, just one tacks faster, dosent matter how much slip you use.... EWF will tack faster.  i love the EWF brand, so i just get use to the fast tack on the hot days.  its quite a bit cheaper than llumar, but has its issues as any film will... suntek cxp scratches like crazy if your not careful.... every brand has its ups and downs... my opinion for not such a rapid tack is llumar, but its a pretty penny to sign up with llumar for the first purchase... EWF has no minimum which i like, just gotta deal with the fast tack on hot days (classic series) 

Guest scso13

Well I added a little more slip to the mix and got it to work. Don't know if it was the added slip or I moved a litter faster, either way thanks all for the tips. 

EWF is really my only option as far as films go. Work for local government as mechanic and boss was trying to save some money in our budget(and tax payers $$$) so I was picked to learn to tint and find a pretty decent quality and economical film, and all the reviews for EWF here were good so that's what was chosen

So again thanks everyone for help with this and all the other questions I had and found answers to on the site.

Archived