Tinting 2014 Maxima, not sure which tint to go with

Guest 05RLS2

Guest 05RLS2

I recently purchased a 2014 Maxima, and I want to get the windows tinted to improve the looks as well as reduce the UV rays and heat from the sun from damaging the interior. I have called a few reputable shops in my area, and they all seem to carry either Suntek, Llumar, or Panaflex tint. A friend of mine has 20% standard dyed tint in his car, and I want my windows to have the same level of darkness. I have heard that the percentages can be different as far as light transmission, depending on if the tint is dyed, carbon, or ceramic.

The two films I had in mind are the Suntek CXP and the Llumar CTX. Both claim to offer heat and UV rejection, but does one perform better than the other from what you all have seen?

Also, I have seen some tints that have a green look and some that have a metallized look. What color will the windows look with each film installed? Will a ceramic film reflect when looking out the interior? What about at night?

My car also has dot matrix going around the perimeter of the back window. Will a ceramic tint have a harder time adhering, even with a good installer?

I know you all tint vehicles all the time and have a lot of experience, so I am looking for your recommendations on which tint I should go with. Thanks

Likely sir your best option is a fully metal film stronger for your rear glass getting 35 percent ceramic will be charcoal (brown) colour slash green on angles but black on outside , if you find solarguard quantum or llumar black chrome great In 35percent slight mirror affect but also a clear film from inside ceramic always has a haze from the sun ! If you are in Sydney let me know

Likely sir your best option is a fully metal film stronger for your rear glass getting 35 percent ceramic will be charcoal (brown) colour slash green on angles but black on outside , if you find solarguard quantum or llumar black chrome great In 35percent slight mirror affect but also a clear film from inside ceramic always has a haze from the sun ! If you are in Sydney let me know

Yep, TN stands for Tennessee Sydney, Australia :nope

Guest 05RLS2

I've wanted to avoid a metal based film, since I've heard that it interferes with radio and navigation signal. It's between the 3 films in my original post, since that's what everyone seems to carry. I am just looking for opinions on which is the best for my needs.

I am in the Nashville, TN area.

I recently purchased a 2014 Maxima, and I want to get the windows tinted to improve the looks as well as reduce the UV rays and heat from the sun from damaging the interior. I have called a few reputable shops in my area, and they all seem to carry either Suntek, Llumar, or Panaflex tint. A friend of mine has 20% standard dyed tint in his car, and I want my windows to have the same level of darkness. I have heard that the percentages can be different as far as light transmission, depending on if the tint is dyed, carbon, or ceramic.

The two films I had in mind are the Suntek CXP and the Llumar CTX. Both claim to offer heat and UV rejection, but does one perform better than the other from what you all have seen?

I have seen them both and find CXP to be greener.

Also, I have seen some tints that have a green look and some that have a metallized look. What color will the windows look with each film installed? Will a ceramic film reflect when looking out the interior? What about at night?

All films will to some degree cause one to believe they have increased refection on the inside surface when it truly is only attributable to the darkening of once clear(er) glass. The biggest mistake for someone new to having tint on their car is to stop looking through the glass. Darkening clear glass produces an optical distraction so people's sight tends to stop at the glass immediately following the change.

My car also has dot matrix going around the perimeter of the back window. Will a ceramic tint have a harder time adhering, even with a good installer?

Border dots are not something a good, bad or ugly tinter can address to any car owner's satisfaction regardless of film type. In other words it's a physics phenomenon out of both the film and tinter's control. Acceptance is key! Just look at it in this way; once expectations are brought into alignment with reality, acceptance rules. Once achieved, one then finds they are not alone because the vast majority of cars have border dots. There are tricks for the thick band of dots at the uppermost portion of back glass however, those tricks are not practical in the quarter inch space border dots take up.

I know you all tint vehicles all the time and have a lot of experience, so I am looking for your recommendations on which tint I should go with. Thanks

CTX and keep it legal.

Edit: And, never go with the cheapest.

Archived