Anyone else having problems with Lulu brand?

I've had more warranty claims with NEW film right out of the box in the past three months than I have in the last seven or eight years combined as being a dealer. I still have yet to place a film replacement claim due to age, but I'm seeing tons of defective rolls lately.

Ive had some in N1020B clear spots in the film, I've had a lot of ATC 20 and 24 inch rolls that look like orange peel on the last few feet of the rolls, the other day I sent back 30'; I've had scratch coat coming off while sqeegeeing, and today I spot pits in the film with at least 30-40 feet on the roll remaining.

The dealer/customer service has been very quick to rectify the problems and send out replacements, but it worries me that all these warranty claims are happening lately, right after Eastman took over CP Films. I may be very ignorant of the situation, and not know a thing about what I'm talking about, but it seems like there is a possibility that the new ownership might be trying to save money and be sacrificing the quality that I have always seen in the Llumar brand.

Has anyone else here in the States had similar issues? I hate to switch, but I'm already sampling other companies in case this doesn't get better.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest eclipseTN

we use llumar at my dealer i tint for and have had a great deal of bubbling only on the back windows of cars... like adhesive failure bubbles... our rep even commented on the issue before i said anything.... so what do we do now?? my opinion is stick with the film company that has your back... theres ups and downs with them all... find your match and run with it

we use llumar at my dealer i tint for and have had a great deal of bubbling only on the back windows of cars... like adhesive failure bubbles... our rep even commented on the issue before i said anything.... so what do we do now?? my opinion is stick with the film company that has your back... theres ups and downs with them all... find your match and run with it

In my case, I've never had a failure..that sounds strange. :? What series of their film are you using? ATC here, and longevity-wise it's the shizz.

Not blaming your techniques but I've heard too much soap can lead to adhesive failure. But then it could be different batches based on where you're at, but are you in TN and do you order from Eastman?

As not to bash this brand or company, I need to add here that I sent an email addressing these problems, and I was quickly contacted by my sales rep, management, and a quality rep and they are quickly addressing these problems and making it right with me. This is a good example that any company or brand can have its temporary flaws, but the good companies will make quick corrections and take good care of their customers. It appears that Eastman is handling this very professionally and I'm still a happy customer who will continue to use this brand.

Guest eclipseTN

In my case, I've never had a failure..that sounds strange. :? What series of their film are you using? ATC here, and longevity-wise it's the shizz.

Not blaming your techniques but I've heard too much soap can lead to adhesive failure. But then it could be different batches based on where you're at, but are you in TN and do you order from Eastman?

It was indeed ATC 35%.... from what me and the llumar rep. concluded, was a bad roll or 2.  there was me and another tinter at the time of this... all the dates that the cars were tinted were relatively close together.  used film on for our slip.. we had around 7-8 cars come back with the back windows bubbled up.   

We are a formula one shop. We use AFC & ATC. We have had LOTS of orange peel looking tint in both. LULU says they are looking into problem and gave credit for the footage. But we have also noticed a hard coat issue on the ATC 20%. Not all rolls and only on sections if it.

The orange peel is our biggest problem. It's becoming an annoyance.

^ yup. Sounds a lot like what I've seen. The scratch coat problem was very limited for me but the orange peel has happened off and on for a couple years.

It's mainly been 20 inch rolls that have been unusable for me towards the end, so I started ordering 36 cut 16/20 to see how it goes, and gained the 16 which has a lot of uses.

I heard that they are in the process of spending several million in upgrades.

Archived