Anyone else having problems with Lulu brand?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been getting more and more fed up with their film lately.   I mainly use ATC and holy hell.. the issues in the rolls is nuts.  So much orange peel, hard coat issues, and film just not sticking well to glass.  Ive had 4+ cars that were done recently with ATC 35 and the bottom of the glass would start curling off the glass within an hours time.  And they were simple shrinks like Accord coupes and G37/Q60 coupes.

I've been using LLumar for almost 20 years now, and never had issues like this before.  Oh and did I mention I haven't seen a damn rep in about 3-4 years now?  The time is coming for a switch... and I've never felt that way about them since I've been doing this.

I don't believe LLumar is experiencing anything different from other mannies that have been acquired. My take is that those high level decision makers of Solutia (now gone because of Eastman's acquisition) were focused on one thing, making it a lean mean machine by changing many things that were successful enough to attract a number of interested buyers back then. LLumar was experiencing some pretty hefty grow that brought about Solutia's acquisition.

Any erosion to the dealer base may have never reached the boardroom when Solutia presented numbers to Eastman. who knows, but the attendees. Kind of like our current administration in DC inherited a sick economy, so goes it with what Eastman faced.

If you study Eastman as much as search engines will allow you see they are not stupid, they are new to this type business. I'm sure the gleam in the eye after the presentation given that lead to a decision to acquire LLumar has long since wore away and Eastman now finds itself attempting to reverse any damage from the Solutia days, one project at a time.

Personally, I thought the decision to nix ATX and AT was not in the best interest of the company's future and seemingly as I read more and more about The Replacements' whoa's, the more my uneasiness back in those times was foretelling indeed.   Remember that movie?

I believe in the LLumar brand and have for years. I also believe when Eastman is done 'fixing' they will be a film force to recon with at a higher plain than they currently reside.  At least they stand behind their products and have the intellectual and financial prowess to pull this off.

:twocents

Okay, after sending back to Eastman about three rolls 20-30ft long with issues they told us they believe they have fixed it. However, we will still have to burn through all their old stock to get to the new. We were told to just continue to turn in the footage until we got through it and we would be reimbursed. Sounds good to me at theoment. Hope it does not take long .

I do like all thier nw marketing ideas and the customer service since Eastman took over has not dropped. Futures so bright

I hope they fix it quick.  I don't know what the deal is with some of the film.  I did a few more rear windows in ATC 35 and let them sit outside in the sun.  I go outside to check on them, and the films curling off the bottom of the rear window.  What in the hell.  The crap wouldn't stay down for anything no matter how much heat was put on it.  4 cars do this in a few days.. all 35.  No issues with side glass though.

And a whole bunch of cars done in 2010 are starting to come back for rear glass failures.  That's not a good sign being that its only been 4 years and it's not like its a hot climate in NY.  Ive been with Llumar for almost 20 years, and have never had issues like this.  :blink 

Archived