I need some advice from you guys for PPF business as a starter.

Hello, This is KUGS from South Korea. :tank  

I am preparing to start for a PPF business.

I have researched a lot of thing about PPF, but I still have lots of questions :)

I found out that this website, tintdue.com, is the best for PPF installer.

Oh! Thanks god! :facepalm2

Anyways I have questions for you guys.

I hope please advise for me for my PPF busness in Seoul, South Korea.

1) Can I use GRAPHTEC CE5000-120 for PPF?

I know this is an old model, but I do not have enough budget for getting a new one.

Throughout googling, FC8600-160 is the best, but what about used CE5000-120 ?

or I am thinking of getting a CE6000-120 instead of CE5000-120 because price is not so different.

Used CE5000 - 120 is 1800$ 

Used CE6000 - 120 is 2200$ 

2) Which Software should I use ? / How much is it for month?

XPEL DAP            : ?  

SunTek TruCut    : ? 

3) Could you recommed PPF (Film)?

XPEL XTREME   :  ?

SunTek                :  ?

3M                        :  ?

4) What size Film is the best for CE5000 - 120 ?

Is 48" wide film is fit for CE5000 - 120 ?

What size is the best size for CE5000 - 120?

I really need you guys help since Korean PPF market is tiny. :sad

Thank you for reading this post.

If you are going big, get the biggest you will only end up buying it later (I know, I now have a Summa D60, D120 and D160.). The only software I have used is MMM, but having said that I haven't used it in over two years as I do all my own patterning. Film choice for me would be Suntek, Premium Shield then Xpel in that order but best to get decent sized samples of as many as you can and have a play. 

Steve

Since you are just starting and on a budget its pretty simple. Go with Suntek... pattern access is much cheaper than Xpel and you get unlimited cuts... in which you will need since you are a beginner. Also Suntek is by far the easiest film out there to install which means less redos... thus saving you money. I have installed Premium Shield and didn't like it at all. Xpel Ultimate isn't a bad film but much more difficult to install so it could mean more errors for you during the install process.

Just to clarify, if you have to recut a pattern for re-installation, you are not charged for it in the XPEL software.  Install error, demo kits, plotter screw ups, etc are not charged.  If you don't get paid for the kit, we don't expect to either.

Jeff,

Just to clarify about install error a bit can you explain a little more in depth here?

If we have to redo a job for xyz reason, or say if I have a hood redo or a bumper redo because of the occasional finger lift or edge that I wrapped is coming up, etc... No charge for a recut?

Jeff,

Just to clarify about install error a bit can you explain a little more in depth here?

If we have to redo a job for xyz reason, or say if I have a hood redo or a bumper redo because of the occasional finger lift or edge that I wrapped is coming up, etc... No charge for a recut?

Just to clarify, if you have to recut a pattern for re-installation, you are not charged for it in the XPEL software.  Install error, demo kits, plotter screw ups, etc are not charged.  If you don't get paid for the kit, we don't expect to either.

That's interesting. How do you keep track and make sure the installer isn't lying about the error?

I'm sure that Jeff will chime in on this, but from my experience, it's very obvious that when you cut the the exact same pattern within a few minutes, then something went wrong. I've never had a problem with getting a refund of the DAP fee. You just request a refund, and give a simple explanation of what happened.

If you have to recut a kit because the first one is unusable, just go into the plot log , select the kit, and hit the "request credit" button.  For instance, if you cut a hood fender mirror kit and drop one of those mirrors on the ground, when you recut the mirror, go in a request a credit for that kit, so you aren't charged for the mirror twice.

We ask that you hang on to any miscuts for 45 days, but that is more for the purpose that we can inspect kits if the reason for recuts is plotter malfunction.  I'm sure there have been cases where people take advantage of the system, but by and large we tend to deal with the most professional installers in the industry, installers that have grown with us and earned that trust. 

Archived