Tinting rear crew cab silverado windows (07-13)

just cut it how you normally would but don't cut where the trim curves. take film to peel board. line up edges that where cut with a ruler then cut excess off. theres your straight edge

Exactly. Just gotta make sure he is tracing the glass down the back edge as far as possible or it will be way short on the inside when the window is rolled down.

This how I do all Silverado/Tahoes front roll ups. Line up your factory edge or do a bottom cut, trim side by mirror and bump 1/8 of an inch, mark the entire opposite tall side with dry erase marker, roll down and trim top edge and as much of the side edge as you can. Now, you can trim all corners and start by finishing the tall side of tha pattern. You should have about 4 inches of the side edge already trimmed, just follow the blade straight down about a 1/4 inch from your marker line.

For Rear windows I line up the bottoms edge, trim tall side (no bump), mark the back edge along trim for a guide, roll down and trim the top and most of the rear side edge. For the newer ones that have the rounded rear bottom corner, I stop trimming before the curve and trim it straight. When you install the pattern will move forward, tucking slightly for the tall straight side. Some earlier models shift a little....I always check the shift on every vehicle with a dry erase marker, even if I know how it shifts.

Archived