Tint on a lease car

Guest eliminatethis

Guest eliminatethis

I'm no lawyer but, I just had a customer cancel a complete window film installation with 3M Crystalline film  because the Lexus dealer in Orlando told him that he could not have film installed unless they did it. They also were installing the same 3M film. This is the whole reason for the "Magnuson Moss Warranty Act" protects after market modifications. they are stating that since the dealership owns the car only the dealership can install the film other wise it voids the lease. The customer had made the appointment to have the film installed by us knowing he may have to remove it before returning the car at the end of the lease.

I could be wrong but it sounds like the dealership is blowing smoke up their azzzz. When you lease you still have the option of purchasing vehicle once lease term is up. Besides the only way you truly own a car after purchasing is if you pay it off and have the title. Many times dealerships finance you so they still own the vehicle just like a lease. Also you don't have to ask the bank that's financing you what tint shops are acceptable :lol

Guest father goose

Besides the Lexus dealer going to charge a lot more then independent will... I would walk over to the service manager or the manager of the dealership and demand them to give me in writing what they stated about the warranty. Most of the time they would refuse to put it in writing. That would clear the smoke and the lies very quickly. Unless of course the laws are different in Florida then here in CA. If they lie about it then I would take them to small claims court and walk away with the max possible.. And get a free tint job on top of that.

Had same thing happen with a VW dealer after a short talk to the manager he admitted that the his employee didn't know the first thing about what he is talking about.

Guest eliminatethis

I'm no lawyer but, I just had a customer cancel a complete window film installation with 3M Crystalline film  because the Lexus dealer in Orlando told him that he could not have film installed unless they did it. They also were installing the same 3M film. This is the whole reason for the "Magnuson Moss Warranty Act" protects after market modifications. they are stating that since the dealership owns the car only the dealership can install the film other wise it voids the lease. The customer had made the appointment to have the film installed by us knowing he may have to remove it before returning the car at the end of the lease. How do you as a owner of a shop selling the same product as the dealership guide your customer to stay with your shop?

Archived