1988 Trans Am GTA ..... Help...........!!!

Mike, I'm in St Paul @ 11:00 this am for a hour. Bring it to the airport and we can knock it out lol

Tom, how was the Bloody Mary ............ ?

To bad you were stuck in a terminal, I would have  :drive  over there.......... :spit

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

last one I did a couple years ago I got a "glass primer" paint and masked off about 1/8" on the inside of the defroster braid and then painted the whole sides. 

The film will lay down flat without shrinking the bottom on those and the top may have a few very small fingers.  Very simple shrink on this car.  Lay it down on the glass outside WET....Just lead it down with your hand and card it.  Run across the horizontal line out and then work it down flat...

I like the idea of the 1/8' on the inside of the defroster braid and using the primer on the other side, I have heard of the glass primer before, what is the cost of that .......... ?

I have never use heat to shrink auto film before........... :embar

Rookie... :spit

Just Kidding Mike! :lol2

:poke

I am just old............. :zombie

My brother had an 84 or 85 camaro with defrosters.

I'd never done a car before and never heard of shrinking.

It was "2 pieced " because his cat decided to help.

Couldn't be bothered to start messing with pulling out hairs. Trimmed to a defrost line and laid down another piece for the part the cat touched.

2 weeks later the car was totaled. :lol

Mike, those pesky lower corners can be made easy. On each corner make small slits from edge of film to where dots end about a half inch apart starting in the corner and working up as well as across from the corner. Make the slits about six inches each direction. When squeegeeing solution out remember they are there! The small slits at the edge remove a lot of the tension that makes the corner hard. In my advanced class we tint a older Tbird rear glass and slit one side but not the other...... Always lays on the slit side and always pops up on the non slit side :beer

Cheers

Stan

It will be much easier if you take the window off the car, it's not that difficult, but you may need a second pair of hands briefly.

Sounds like a great idea Ric, I will bring it to the shop and do there......... :thumb

What about the top of the window, do you tint that now as well, I know the auto film now is thicker, should I not tint that and use what I am thinking on using by the sides of the defrosters ...... ?

028-10.jpg

Archived