1988 Trans Am GTA ..... Help...........!!!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The glass primers are not very expensive.  I get them from a couple different glass shops I work with.  The ones I have used are a "single use" but I think they are moving towards a multi-use can... Betaprime 5500 bonds very well with the glass and anything else it gets on!

88TA_zps0132ae9f.jpg

You can see my seam where I installed the black vinyl..

88TA2_zpsc472b9c5.jpg

88TA1_zps87d746d5.jpg

Thanks for posting some pics, I have a few ideas I will try on the lines at the top to avoid having air pockets next to the lines.

The glass primers are not very expensive.  I get them from a couple different glass shops I work with.  The ones I have used are a "single use" but I think they are moving towards a multi-use can... Betaprime 5500 bonds very well with the glass and anything else it gets on!

Thanks.......... :cool

your welcome sir!

That was my first and only stab on it, I am looking forward to see what you come up with becaue I would like to try a different approach on the next one.

Did you install it in 1 piece .......... ?

Another thing for you Mike,  do you know how to reverse roll auto films?  If not then that is one monster piece to carry into the car.  If you rr it makes a much easier install.

If you want to carry it in then set up a step at the back bumper and have the hatch completely empty so you can step inside there.  I have used speaker boxes for the step as well as my trusty old tool box.  Just enough that you can just step up and into the hatch.

Wipe off the struts well too as they almost always seem to get bumped when installing and they are generally not cleaned well on any vehicle.

Archived