A question about llumar automotive window films

Guest qowpel

Guest qowpel

So I am a bit mixed here. You see my mother had a skin cancer scare and she is very shaken up by it. Well, I have been reading up on Llumar window films and on its website says they block more than 99% of UV rays which is very vague. However, I did more reading about Llumar window film with patented UVShield techonology which boasts 99.9% UV protection rather than the normal 99%...... 

My problem here is I keep looking up Llumar UVShield window film and can't find anything on it or where to get it in NJ. Everything is so vague and I am very worried for my mother and want the best possible protection for her. So is it JUST a SINGLE type of Llumar window film that has this 99.9% protection? Or do ALL of their window films have this amount of protection?

If it IS the case that only one type of their films have 99.9% protection, where on Earth can I find it, because every source is so vague, saying 99%, or more than 99%, or 99.9%... It is very confusing

Thank you all

LLumar may not have special formula but they were the one to patent the technology for UVShield.

There are fewer films than the fingers on one hand offering 99.9% protection with automotive films, which is far superior protection over 99% film products. So, don't be fooled by the idea that a medical sensitivity to UV can be addressed well with just any automotive film product.

Also be leery of those offering anything but UVShield. It is clear and there are many lookalike clear films  but no other is UVShield. This can be confirmed through Performance Films' Customer Service by providing product ID/code and or batch number, which is traceable to who and when purchased in bulk roll form.

Here are three possible candidates to consider; LLumar UVShield (UV 85) at 99.9% found under the FormulaOne brand but also available to LLumar dealers, FormulaOne Pinnacle at 99.5% (any shade) and Huper Optic C40/40/50 at 99.9%.  

It is advisable for those using UVShield or other films with 99.5 - 99.9% UV absorption for medical reasons to replace the product every 3-5 years to maintain the maximum UV protection (e.g. every 3 years in the tropics, every 5 years north of the 48th parallel). 

Sadly Hugh, LLumar took away the 99.9% UV absorption AIR 80 once had and is now only 99%, which does not work well enough for medical UV sensitivity.

Just a question. Did the 99.9% UV absorption decrease when they did away with the CDF adhesive and made it PS?

Sadly Hugh, LLumar took away the 99.9% UV absorption AIR 80 once had and is now only 99%, which does not work well enough for medical UV sensitivity.

Just a question. Did the 99.9% UV absorption decrease when they did away with the CDF adhesive and made it PS?

Correct. They are building/billing it as a typical auto film while still allowing for architectural use.

Archived