91-97 CROWN VICTORIA?

davebheam

The one thing I remember back when I knew nothing about dry shrinking and did everything wet, is as you are shrinking from the bottom of the finger to the top, once you get it about half way done shrinking the finger, start shrinking it from the top down with a little lower heat. Seemed to help me out a lot and I still do the same method today but dry shrinking. As a newbie then, I was able to 1 piece the back glass when others that have been tinting a lot longer than I were still doing them in 2.

The one thing I remember back when I knew nothing about dry shrinking and did everything wet, is as you are shrinking from the bottom of the finger to the top, once you get it about half way done shrinking the finger, start shrinking it from the top down with a little lower heat. Seemed to help me out a lot and I still do the same method today but dry shrinking. As a newbie then, I was able to 1 piece the back glass when others that have been tinting a lot longer than I were still doing them in 2.

thanks ocala, i will have to try that next time here.......i never had any back window take this long......im not sure if i was doing the lift and pull method right the entire time.  at times it seems to be working and other times it seemed like i was just pushing the tint to the left and right creating an equal area that needed attention

Archived