Do certain films show dust spots/contamination more than others??

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me ask you something Drew, are you working mobile or at a shop? When working outdoors you will never have a 100% contamination free environment. Also do you inspect the film prior to installation? If it's the films fault there should be defects on the film.

I'm a mobile tinter.. I understand it will never be 100% free but I feel like it should be closer than what I have gotten previously. I'm going to redo my back window tonight on my mustang (which is a 93 foxbody with no defrost lines) and Frankenstein the tint rather than reverse roll and see if that's where my problem is coming from as well as inspecting the film before I shrink

I find that EVERY film installed in a dirty environment or where appropriate cleaning measures are not taken will show contamination.

Its ALL in the prep!!

Yes you CAN install in a dirty environment and win!!

darrylscamera130.jpg

Looks like you have a tarp down......?

Do you also spray the liner before you remove it............?

I do both, all of the time, regardless of the situation.

I would also spray the floor around me in that situation, just to keep the dust down.

no issues with reverse roll for me, cleaner job than anyone who peels the whole liner and tries to carry it in the back of the car dragging it all over the headrests or rear deck haha

that sheit is old school, learn the new school reverse roll and keep up with the times to get flawless installations once you get your technique down.

I find that EVERY film installed in a dirty environment or where appropriate cleaning measures are not taken will show contamination.

Its ALL in the prep!!

Yes you CAN install in a dirty environment and win!!

darrylscamera130.jpg

Looks like you have a tarp down......?

Do you also spray the liner before you remove it............?

I do both, all of the time, regardless of the situation.

I would also spray the floor around me in that situation, just to keep the dust down.

:yeah   Gotta do what you can in dangerous environments :lol

I never really had a problem with contamination until I started the reverse roll. Now I tend to get more than acceptable....

Reread your comment. That's your problem, not the film.

If one method doesn't work for you, do something different.

I can't imagine reverse rolling a back glass. It would look like I rolled a muddy cat up in the film! :lol

Guest matriXtints

reverse rolling is the way forward,its much cleaner and enables you to do a bigger window solo,once you have the hang of doing it right you'll never look back  :trustme

If you do mobile tinting, it is fair game for the dirt,dust,bugs,bees,bats and if you were installing in Australia, even the Dingos. Once you pull the release liner off the film, whether you do a Texas fold or reverse roll, something is going to get caught in the film. It is up to your own technique to try keeping as much of that  :poop out of it. As far as the original post, I have found that shiny/reflective or metalized/hybrid films will usually show more contamination than non-reflective films.

Archived