Do certain films show dust spots/contamination more than others??

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

reverse rolling is the way forward,its much cleaner and enables you to do a bigger window solo,once you have the hang of doing it right you'll never look back :trustme

Bang on man. Not able to get a clean reverse roll on a back window = no skill = find a new career

That's quite an ignorant statement. There are many pros out there, including many on this site, that do clean work without doing the reverse roll. To say you have no skill and need to find a new career because you can't do a clean reverse roll on a back glass is comical.

Yeah I think that was a bit harsh it just takes practise in time you'll be doing it with your eyes shut

Just to clarify I'm fully capable of doing a clean reverse roll install and use it on certain vehicles. I just had to call this guy out for obvious reasons.

Guest matriXtints

reverse rolling is the way forward,its much cleaner and enables you to do a bigger window solo,once you have the hang of doing it right you'll never look back :trustme

Bang on man. Not able to get a clean reverse roll on a back window = no skill = find a new career

That's quite an ignorant statement. There are many pros out there, including many on this site, that do clean work without doing the reverse roll. To say you have no skill and need to find a new career because you can't do a clean reverse roll on a back glass is comical.
Yeah I think that was a bit harsh it just takes practise in time you'll be doing it with your eyes shut
Just to clarify I'm fully capable of doing a clean reverse roll install and use it on certain vehicles. I just had to call this guy out for obvious reasons.
Sorry it wasn't aimed at you it was for the op benefit

I too am getting stuff that looks like dust or lint on my back glass when I rr. But it's only on the side where I finish the unroll (passenger side). Any suggestions?

Your film is more than likely touching somewhere at the final part of the unroll, this is probably the hardest part of the reverse roll especially in saloons with no room to work. I usually unroll the film to about 3/4 out then leave bubble in the film so when you unroll the rest your not right up to the edge this should give you enough room to get the end of your film out without touching anything then just slide into place. Hope this helps

Yeah that was kind of a dick move , sorry haha, but reverse roll does take some skill and so does peeling the whole liner and getting on it the window clean. I just feel that everyone should learn both methods because you are gonna be put in situations where a reverse roll will be a lot cleaner installation method. I use both methods depending on the situation. the hatchback i peel the whole liner unless it's a real big back window then I will reverse roll. Hell I even learned reverse roll for flat glass recently and I'm glad I took the time to do so.  Nothing wrong with learning new things to make you a better installer in your profession.

I'll help you out with a little trick that can make or break the reverse roll method... once you have it all shrunk down and cut to the size of the window, ready to instal the film on the inside. mist the work area and the whole liner of the tint. now take your squeegee and clean the liner off as if your cleaning the window normally just to get any dirt off that might get caught in there while you roll it up which could then transfer onto the inside of the glass during installation. Do this and that should help a lot as well :) keep practicing that reverse roll though ! sounds like your getting good at it now :)

Yeah that was kind of a dick move , sorry haha, but reverse roll does take some skill and so does peeling the whole liner and getting on it the window clean. I just feel that everyone should learn both methods because you are gonna be put in situations where a reverse roll will be a lot cleaner installation method. I use both methods depending on the situation. the hatchback i peel the whole liner unless it's a real big back window then I will reverse roll. Hell I even learned reverse roll for flat glass recently and I'm glad I took the time to do so.  Nothing wrong with learning new things to make you a better installer in your profession.

Now that makes much more sense. I agree with you 100%. We should always be looking for ways to improve ourselves. :thumb

Beauty ! Glad to hear things are going well for you now. Also on the inside of the car make sure to tape off the bottom of the rear deck with green masking tape if it's made of a fabric material just in case when you roll it onto the glass and the film hits that part of the deck, it's protected with the tape and won't pick up any hairs or anything. If the rear deck is made of plastic then just wipe it down nice and clean with a microfiber towel to clean off any dust or dirt on it so you won't pick that up on the film either.

I also tape off the top of the headliner as well to protect the film from picking up debris juuust in case you touch it with the film but it's kind of a non issue once you get your technique down. More of a better safe than sorry thing I do. takes 10 seconds.

Archived