Suggestions please

Hi guys!

I have a client coming in today saying the FormulaOne Pinnacle series tinting is not making her car any cooler.  Her previously tinted vehicle(same make and model) was in FormulaOne Classic series and did a “much better job”.

Besides using the BTU meter, any suggestions on how I can get this lady to walk away happy?

Sounds like she was expecting a lot out of the pinnacle series, since it rejects more heat than the comfort series. I offer CXP and I tell customers to not expect that your car will be magically cooler when sitting in the sun for hours. I think the high price of high end films really raises the expectations of how they'll perform.

Air Conditioners make cars cooler...

Window Film helps to slow the rate at which it heats up...

Maybe the body panels were better insulated on the last car ? Maybe the last car had thicker glass or lighter color interior ?? Many factors go into how fast a vehicle heats up.... :twocents

I always tell customers that a car will be just as hot while no AC is on or windows rolled up. If you crack your windows a bit, it will be a bit cooler as the heat is slowed down but now has a way to escape. Once the AC is on, it can keep up to the heat pouring in through the windows better with tint on thereby keeping cooler with the aid of the AC now working more efficiently

Ask her if she has notices all the HVAC vents in her home are in front of windows. It's because glass is the area of highest heat transfer in the home. The car is the same way. A film that is better at stopping the heat at the glass allows the AC to do its job much more efficiently. Also like stated above, if it was a different car you are not comparing apples to apples. A Mercedes with be a hell of a lot better insulated then a Hyundai. Was her last car a darker VLT?

Ask her if she has notices all the HVAC vents in her home are in front of windows. It's because glass is the area of highest heat transfer in the home. The car is the same way. A film that is better at stopping the heat at the glass allows the AC to do its job much more efficiently. Also like stated above, if it was a different car you are not comparing apples to apples. A Mercedes with be a hell of a lot better insulated then a Hyundai. Was her last car a darker VLT?

She is talking cars, not homes. Auto film isn't really designed to stop heat transfer like low-e windows or window films. Based on the original post, the customer had FormulaOne Classic on the first vehicle and then had the FormulaOne Pinnacle installed on another vehicle which is the same make and model. The customer claims that the Classic series performed better on the previous car. What was not stated is if the first car had a dark or light exterior or interior. The exterior/interior color can make a big difference. Just because I have a film on the windshield of my car blocking 43% of the TSER, doesn't mean that my dark dash is not going to burn my hand when I touch it after sitting in the sun for a period of time.The customer might have also been used to not feeling as much heat because they had the previous car during the winter months. Now that it is summer, it is a lot hotter out and they are really feeling it. Maybe they are not able to park the new car in a garage and it sits outside all day.  :dunno   

Thanks for all of the replies.  

So, a few things we found out when the client came in....car was a gold honda accord with tan interior, their new car is toyota camry black with gray interior.  

His interior temperature read higher than my black on black Rav4 that had been in the sun all morning...but I have 30% Pinnacle and AirBlue80 on my windshield.  Client has 40% Pinnacle and no AirBlue.  The customer "thinks" the classic film that was on the first vehicle was a 30%...

So we pretty much explained all of the variables, showed a few examples and the client seemed to be satisfied....Maybe I can talk them into coming back for the AirBlue80  :thumb

LOL @ Smartie! :lol

Archived