Whats going on with 3m Scotchgard pro series

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't tested the film much due to there being no 60" roll. If you are interested in buying, check out my website.

Thanks for the offer but once 3M sort there UK stock out it will be coming direct from them.

Here is what I am happy to report:

The new and improved version of Scotchgard ™ Paint Protection Film Pro Series is more resistant to a wide variation in installation environments including heat, humidity and application solutions, providing a better appearance and easier overall installation experience.

I will second this as I have now completed demos and installations with the product in Arizona, Texas, Colorado, Utah, Minnesota, Chicago and Missouri.  Installations were also done with standard two bottle solution mixtures, Gel, all in one solutions, and a variety of different water conditions with mineral content.  Please feel fee to contact your local 3M PPF Distributor or rep for details or samples.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUPC1YVa5uk

We will see what the SEMA show has to offer in addition to this but I am sure that most will want to see first hand and if the 60" question will be answered.

Thank you,

Todd Bergman

Interwest Distribution

3M Paint Protection Film Authorized Distributor & Training Facility

1-800-232-8468 / 303-777-4455

Ive installed the test 60" film, yes its real. Its definitely in the works. QC was on par with any other current films. Same properties as the latest, newer Pro Series film.  I think once production gets up and any details finalized, it should be good to go.  I used my standard 2 bottle solution. A little tacky due to my high alcohol for Suntek.  But with ratio adjustment its a good installer. 

alltracaete,

Thank you for your response!   I have also tested the film but want others to chime in who have seen it and tested it to comment on it. I am one voice and others will have their opinions.   This year at SEMA will be interesting and all I can say is that it will be the best show for PPF thus far while many OEM's will be giving it their best and we will see who has what it takes. 

Thank you,

Todd Bergman

Interwest Distribution

3M Authorized Distribution / Training Facility

1-800-232-8468 / 303-777-4455

I've used version one, and it is similar or better in all respects to XPEL Ultimate. Looking forward to the revised version, I'm sure it'll pop 3M back to the clear-cut top of the heap, if they address the adhesive deficiencies. I am fielding inquiries already, and am looking forward to offering it to my clientele.

Archived