Whats going on with 3m Scotchgard pro series

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've used version one, and it is similar or better in all respects to XPEL Ultimate. Looking forward to the revised version, I'm sure it'll pop 3M back to the clear-cut top of the heap, if they address the adhesive deficiencies. I am fielding inquiries already, and am looking forward to offering it to my clientele.

They haven't been at the "top of the heap" in a long time. In fact its been one of the worst films out for as long as I can remember. But I will be happy ot get my hands on it after seeing it in person at SEMA. I wont to see how it looks first then do my own testing. After that if all goes well and they can consistently produce it I might start offering it into my lineup.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, for sure.

Their r and d has been lagging, I'm sure tied up with de-crapifying VentureShield after taking them over. In the meantime other companies have made great strides in appearance and finish, but I work with 848 because it is ideal for commuters as a proven, rugged film. The 3M rep here is a good dude too, which helps c**kblock other reps from making headway in the market.

I use XPEL ultimate upon request, as 3M has, as yet, no answer for it. I find that the reason XPEL kits are designed the way they are is because the film's adhesive can't handle complex wrapping/tucking.

3M's 848 adhesive makes it much easier to tuck and wrap edges. Based upon the 991 mirrors I did the other day, the Pro Series version 1 adhesive is now no better than that on XPEL Ultimate when installed under stress/duress. Not too impressed right now. Hope version two uses a more aggressive adhesive.

I've been offered version 2 and just have not had the opportunity to try it out. My rep feels version 2 is the real deal. We'll see.

Jean-Claude, take the opportunity ASAP. I've been pestering my rep and it seems his hands are tied for the time being. I'd love to hear how it differs from 848/VS/XPEL.

I think it is pretty damn hilarious that 3M is making videos comparing other films against theirs when they cant get their shlt together and consistently produce a good product. The second video against Suntek is laughable. I've never had a warranty claim with Suntek and been installing it since it came out. Yet the ONLY film KNOWN to crack is 3M Scotchguard. So did they not test Scotchguard when it came out??? I get 10-15 people a year who come to me wanting that crap removed and it has completely shattered. Sorry but I am not wasting hours upon hours getting that off. As usual most of these videos are straight hype. I don't believe it until I see it. how many other films have come out making the same claims yet when it starts to turn to crap they are no where to defend their product???

3M has never been a good option down here because right off the bat it has a tremendous amount of orange peel in it. They use a heavy paper backing which is a huge mistake. People want protection without it looking like crap from day one. I can continue going on about that film but no need as they have a new product out. Lets just see how it holds up over time to make sure they are like all the other companies overpromising their films.

Just finished watching the first video... I have never had a scuff on either Xpel or Suntek. Not really not sure what the point of that test is. Again until 3M gets this stuff in my hands and I test it out over time I am not buying into it. I have seen these same tests recently and once I got my hands on the film it turned out to be junk.

Your so right...Never knew about the videos.

I think it is pretty damn hilarious that 3M is making videos comparing other films against theirs when they cant get their shlt together and consistently produce a good product. The second video against Suntek is laughable. I've never had a warranty claim with Suntek and been installing it since it came out. Yet the ONLY film KNOWN to crack is 3M Scotchguard. So did they not test Scotchguard when it came out??? I get 10-15 people a year who come to me wanting that crap removed and it has completely shattered. Sorry but I am not wasting hours upon hours getting that off. As usual most of these videos are straight hype. I don't believe it until I see it. how many other films have come out making the same claims yet when it starts to turn to crap they are no where to defend their product???

3M has never been a good option down here because right off the bat it has a tremendous amount of orange peel in it. They use a heavy paper backing which is a huge mistake. People want protection without it looking like crap from day one. I can continue going on about that film but no need as they have a new product out. Lets just see how it holds up over time to make sure they are like all the other companies overpromising their films.

Just finished watching the first video... I have never had a scuff on either Xpel or Suntek. Not really not sure what the point of that test is. Again until 3M gets this stuff in my hands and I test it out over time I am not buying into it. I have seen these same tests recently and once I got my hands on the film it turned out to be junk.

Archived