The blue max or power squeegee?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Using the clear max is fine for auto the film sides back its get all the water out to curves to the glass better in general no need to use blue or orange

And matrix I don't know what you mean the film has a drying period of 14 days using you are putting the film on dry or using a film that drys super super fast which I don't think

tried a "clear max" years ago...was having tons of water left behind with it.  Went back to my blue max at that time.  After finding the orange crush I would not even dream of using the blue max again.

Making a statement that "film has a drying period of 14 days" is not very accurate.  If the film is installed in a cooler temp, higher humidity, with too much slip in the mix, with a weak wrist, or with a dull squeegee blade then all of those are factors that can change the dry time.  If the film is a 1 ply, 2 ply, hp, ceramic, all metal, sputtered, vapor deposited, 1 mil, 1.3 mil, 1.5 mil, 2 mil, or any number of things those will change how it drys.

I was once told by Danny Desanto at FTI that "We engineer the film to be able to dry out.  We could make a potato chip bag that would never allow moisture to pass." So how the film is made makes a huge difference!

Show of hands... :woot2:woot2

How many are sick to death of hearing about Thug's 'Metal Film'

Is it possible to put up a poll on this TD?

Agreed. I have a pretty good idea on where most of the regulars on here stand on various topics. Thug, your posts are nuttier than a Mad Hatters wristwatch. Take a stand for whatever it is you believe in and stick to it. If you're a Low Baller, then hang low and be proud. If you're into quality, then quit talking about cheap chit films. But you're all over the shop dude... [emoji15]

Show of hands... :woot2 :woot2

This is always a dilemma for me.

When do I ask someone to leave? If I pull the trigger early, many people wont know what a jack wagon a person has been, just that he was booted, so then they go onto another platform and bad mouth me.

Or, I let them stay and make a complete ass of themselves to the point that the forum polices itself and the other members by and large realize what an assclown the person is.

So, please don't think my absence of comment or action is neglect, I try to handle this forum with the utmost care and best interest, but I also have to do it in a way that doesn't make me seen like an a**hole.

Show of hands... :woot2 :woot2

This is always a dilemma for me.

When do I ask someone to leave? If I pull the trigger early, many people wont know what a jack wagon a person has been, just that he was booted, so then they go onto another platform and bad mouth me.

Or, I let them stay and make a complete ass of themselves to the point that the forum polices itself and the other members by and large realize what an assclown the person is.

So, please don't think my absence of comment or action is neglect, I try to handle this forum with the utmost care and best interest, but I also have to do it in a way that doesn't make me seen like an a**hole.

Full credit to you TD. [emoji106]

Tough call..

Archived