Porsche Macan

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've done 5 or 6 incuding a black one. Couple of tricks. Film has to stick like crazy to the A pillars. I use Xpel primer on them. Film should also be tacked to top of doors and fenders.Like, really tacked There is about a four inch gap at the front of the hood. Next pull the film like hell on the inside of the headlights. We usually get it about 1/2 inch past the front of the hood. Tack it from headlight to headight one squegee width. This tack will eventually need to come back up when some pressure is released.Cut a relief over the headlights and pull hard to the sides to stretch the film over the wheel wells. There willl still be fingers. Then you need to pull up the temporary tack between the headlights, re-wet, and start nailing eveything down. It's a pain, but can be done. Do not try to cut any film away from the windshield area as the film will rip when you do the big stretch. The first one we did took 4 tries to dial it in .We make our slip solution crazy slippery too. Like 5 times normal shampoo.

Guest LockedDown

I've done 5 or 6 incuding a black one. Couple of tricks. Film has to stick like crazy to the A pillars. I use Xpel primer on them. Film should also be tacked to top of doors and fenders.Like, really tacked There is about a four inch gap at the front of the hood. Next pull the film like hell on the inside of the headlights. We usually get it about 1/2 inch past the front of the hood. Tack it from headlight to headight one squegee width. This tack will eventually need to come back up when some pressure is released.Cut a relief over the headlights and pull hard to the sides to stretch the film over the wheel wells. There willl still be fingers. Then you need to pull up the temporary tack between the headlights, re-wet, and start nailing eveything down. It's a pain, but can be done. Do not try to cut any film away from the windshield area as the film will rip when you do the big stretch. The first one we did took 4 tries to dial it in .We make our slip solution crazy slippery too. Like 5 times normal shampoo.

Yeah, heavy soap on one we did too. We used Alcohol to tack on doors and pillars and they held. I got a lift line on the fender I was not happy with so will probably redo it again. Not feeling as bad now that I hear you also had a few tries to get it though. 105 degrees in Cali did not help with it drying so going to wait till it cools a bit ;)

Archived