Porsche Macan

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

VERY nice. I tried to do it seemless but the stretch over the lights to the outer corners seemed to be too much. But you just proved it can be done. I need to get a few more of those to work on my skills I guess. 

Thanks for posting the photo.

Thanks. You have to have the hood unlatched/propped which will take most of the headlight bulge out of play. I also had another installer and a helper there to help with stretching. 

Looks great, next time I get one in the shop I'll try laying it down differently to not have to seam it. I definitely prefer no seams unless absolutely nessesary.

Thanks and agreed on no seams. It took us many tries before we got to this point on this hood.

VERY nice. I tried to do it seemless but the stretch over the lights to the outer corners seemed to be too much. But you just proved it can be done. I need to get a few more of those to work on my skills I guess. 

Thanks. You have to have the hood unlatched/propped which will take most of the headlight bulge out of play. I also had another installer and a helper there to help with stretching. 

Looks great, next time I get one in the shop I'll try laying it down differently to not have to seam it. I definitely prefer no seams unless absolutely nessesary.

Thanks and agreed on no seams. It took us many tries before we got to this point on this hood.

This is what many customers do not realise, it takes time, film and many many swear words to install some of these panels, good work.

Steve

This is what many customers do not realise, it takes time, film and many many swear words to install some of these panels, good work.

Steve

I am master at the swear words  :lol

Archived