2-3k investment

i would say to get a plotter. thats what i want to get next.....with a vinyl plotter you would not even have to be good at it at first to make simple signs for people (and youself) and still get paid.

i would definetly not spend it on advertising....that does not garentee a positive return....it probably will, but id invest in more equipment.

i decided to take the plunge and recently bought a quality set of PDR tools. theres very very low overhead in that trade and would be great to do for people and on your own cars.....and the results look like magic. it pays well also. as long as you get around the learning curve

PDR??

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i would say to get a plotter. thats what i want to get next.....with a vinyl plotter you would not even have to be good at it at first to make simple signs for people (and youself) and still get paid.

i would definetly not spend it on advertising....that does not garentee a positive return....it probably will, but id invest in more equipment.

i decided to take the plunge and recently bought a quality set of PDR tools. theres very very low overhead in that trade and would be great to do for people and on your own cars.....and the results look like magic. it pays well also. as long as you get around the learning curve

PDR??

PDR = Paintless dent repair

What PDR tool set did you get?

i went with a set from ultra dent tools. i did alot of research online before choosing a set.  ultra looked like the best company with the most complete set.  dentcrafts equivalent set was mostly just rods only.

do you do pdr also diablo? or are u considering getting in to it?

a plotter would be good but i would expect to waste a bunch of time learning the quickest ways to use the software, plus you know you will waste some material starting out......the only good thing about that is im sure u wont even have to be good at it at first to make money. people will still want simple things made.....the only problem is theres getting to be too many people into it.......in my area theres like 7 people in a 20 mile radius that have vinyl plotters and thats just the private people i know who have them......i didnt even look in yellow pages...... thats why i chose pdr and im going to continue to look for a DEAL on a plotter package

Archived