Tint Tek log in

Try film designs but regardless of software the patterns are only as good as the first person who cut them. I'm willing to bet most patterns are not tested for fit by the software comp. we've tried them all... tint tek, computer cut, first cut, and ended up with film designs for the last 6-7 years and we ain't switching anytime soon.

Try film designs but regardless of software the patterns are only as good as the first person who cut them.

That's only partially true. There can be issues in regards to digital interpretations of the master cut to the final digital outcome. With that being said , the more recent years of Tint Tek are cutting quite well and I can personally speak for the few patterns I've personally cut and submitted to them in the last couple of years , the patterns have fit exactly how I cut them when I submitted them . I only wish I could clone myself to have done all there patterns and not just the few that I've done .

All the ones I have cut out , the top edges are perfectly microfitted, no gaps along the sides of rolldowns , back windows are perfect.

Its only my opinion but it would be to have the master cut done my an experienced hand craft window Tinter that installs rather than just a cutter who doesn't install for a guaranty fit each time but at least you can now tweak and peak any pattern you want to your own personal liking

To this day I'm not sure if its the patterns or perhaps inconsistent glass cuts in the assembly line

A fact.

Simple test any user can do; plotter-cut a pattern and check the micredge against d/p of 3-4 cars at a dealership.

Try film designs but regardless of software the patterns are only as good as the first person who cut them.

That's only partially true. There can be issues in regards to digital interpretations of the master cut to the final digital outcome. With that being said , the more recent years of Tint Tek are cutting quite well and I can personally speak for the few patterns I've personally cut and submitted to them in the last couple of years , the patterns have fit exactly how I cut them when I submitted them . I only wish I could clone myself to have done all there patterns and not just the few that I've done .

All the ones I have cut out , the top edges are perfectly microfitted, no gaps along the sides of rolldowns , back windows are perfect.

Its only my opinion but it would be to have the master cut done my an experienced hand craft window Tinter that installs rather than just a cutter who doesn't install for a guaranty fit each time but at least you can now tweak and peak any pattern you want to your own personal liking

Even with a tweaking function there will be few users of the feature. It is easier to complain to the provider and have someone else tweak it. Even then personal preference will drive the best pattern provider nuts.

Just a word of advice : call them at around 10am rather than 9am. Ask for Cyndi if she's available :DD

Say hello for me.

I tint for most of the dealers in my area. I do tons of the same vehicles over and over. I can tell you it's not variations in the glass. Good or bad the patterns fit the same every time on each particular vehicle. I have had no luck calling tt to complain about patterns. Even offered to mail them templates. If I know a fitment sucks now I just hand cut. I've called several times about Subaru legacy and c series Benz being short side to side on back glass. I guess I'll have to order a film stretcher lol. It is easy to adjust something like that, just wish it would save it so when you pull up that vehicle it automatically has your modified pattern. Most of the issues for me are top edge....if I don't like fitment I usually just slide it up then shave the edge.

When it shuts down , it should ask you each time if you want to save any changes on each car you did during that period .

There's also a "save" or "save as" so you can either override the system pattern or put it in your own personalized file of alterations

Archived